Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The last time I logged into the forums was on 6-12-07, maybe some of you will still remember me though. I totalled my 2005 black tribal then bought a 2006 GSXR600 which I sold the following season. I then went to a 2006 Harley StreetBob which I had until recently due to selling it. I am now on 2007 ZX-6R, I know it's not a Honda so try not to hate to much. Just wanted to stop and say hello to everyone and let everyone know I'll be around surfing.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
welcome back dude...I see youre dedicated to the 600 series lol

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I figure the 600 class of bikes have plenty of power and speed for what I want it for. I had a buddy who use to tell me that it's fun riding a slower bike fast than a fast bike slow which sort of backs up my opinion that you can't ride a 1000cc bike to it's full potential on the streets. For that matter I don't think we usually ride our 600's to their full potential either but we have fun pushing them to their limits.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
true...

so this, a 600rr and the gsxr600. Have to ridden the zx6r enough to give a comparison of all 3?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I remember the fella that tried to do a burnout and failed. ;)

I'm happy to see you're still riding dude.

As for me, I sold the bike after my third accident. Third time to the ER was enough for me. There should be a roll call for old members.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I still show that video to coworkers now and then. the new guys still get a kick out of it.

As for a comparison between the RR, GSXR and ZX6R goes I have found things I like about each bike.

I liked that the RR was easy to ride wheelies on. good all around bike but alot that needed attention when compared to the GSXR. had actual fuel level guage.

The GSXR is amazing to ride and handles with no effort, a few of the plus's are the GSXR comes from the factory with the passenger seat and a solo seat cowl, factory gear indicator, front/rear integrated turn signals in mirror and tail section, steering damper, slipper clutch, comfortable set of seats and overall better styling.

The ZX6R is fun to ride but feels like it's lacking in throttle response and power compared to the GSXR and RR. has slipper clutch like the GSXR but is hard to wheelie. has gear indicator but no steering damper. seat feels like the stock RR seat if that tells you anything. has fuel light but no fuel guage. I love the styling/appearance of the bike and have always been a fan of the Lime Green.

Overall out of the three bikes I still think the GSXR was my favorite, I kick myself in the arse for selling it so cheap and now wish I would have kept my PitBull stand because they are freaking pricey!!!

Oh and for Bikenut! I don't care for the looks of the new 600RR but absolutely can't stand the looks of the 1000RR. I'm sure they ride better and handle better than the 05' I had but it's like buying a new car, if you don't like the looks of the outside you don't even need to take it for a test drive because you'll never be happy with it.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have to go to Honda's website and check it out, I haven't been on there in awhile since they've changed the bikes but I've seen the 600RR and 1000RR in person at the dealerships and they just don't appeal to me. For that matter I don't even care for the new GSXR's, 06'-07' were the best looking in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are a few updated pics of my 07' ZX-6R, I removed the cluster and unsoldered all the amber led's then soldered in Pure Green led's from www.unique-leds.com, painted the stock windscreen like I did on the 05 600RR, added Kawasaki sole seat cowl, Harris ZX Performance tank pad, ProGrip 724 gel grips, painted the stock heel guards, homemade billet aluminum swingarm spool/sliders, homemade fender eliminator, removed reflectors.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Awesome upgrades man love that cluster job you did

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Yeah I still show that video to coworkers now and then. the new guys still get a kick out of it.

As for a comparison between the RR, GSXR and ZX6R goes I have found things I like about each bike.

I liked that the RR was easy to ride wheelies on. good all around bike but alot that needed attention when compared to the GSXR. had actual fuel level guage.

The GSXR is amazing to ride and handles with no effort, a few of the plus's are the GSXR comes from the factory with the passenger seat and a solo seat cowl, factory gear indicator, front/rear integrated turn signals in mirror and tail section, steering damper, slipper clutch, comfortable set of seats and overall better styling.

The ZX6R is fun to ride but feels like it's lacking in throttle response and power compared to the GSXR and RR. has slipper clutch like the GSXR but is hard to wheelie. has gear indicator but no steering damper. seat feels like the stock RR seat if that tells you anything. has fuel light but no fuel guage. I love the styling/appearance of the bike and have always been a fan of the Lime Green.

Overall out of the three bikes I still think the GSXR was my favorite, I kick myself in the arse for selling it so cheap and now wish I would have kept my PitBull stand because they are freaking pricey!!!

Oh and for Bikenut! I don't care for the looks of the new 600RR but absolutely can't stand the looks of the 1000RR. I'm sure they ride better and handle better than the 05' I had but it's like buying a new car, if you don't like the looks of the outside you don't even need to take it for a test drive because you'll never be happy with it.
Welcome back. good review on the 3 600's. I love the Gixxers also; rode the 06 and 07 last year and they are great bikes. A lot of extra features that the CBR doesnt have. if i could get a street bike it would be a Gixxer 750 or 1k.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts