Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 cbr600fi and it was lowered about 2 to 3 inches i can get the front wheel up in 1st by cracking the throttle or by poping the clutch with no problem but in 2ed it don't want to come up as much. I'm just wandering if it is harder to pull a wheelie on a lowered bike than a stock bike?

·
Registered
136 Posts
mr.atrox said:
I have a 02 cbr600fi and it was lowered about 2 to 3 inches i can get the front wheel up in 1st by cracking the throttle or by poping the clutch with no problem but in 2ed it don't want to come up as much. I'm just wandering if it is harder to pull a wheelie on a lowered bike than a stock bike?
Yes it is harder, not impossible tho

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking about raising back it stock..the bike sets to low fore me I bought it off a short lady.

·
Registered
382 Posts
my GF's bike is lowered an inch. and i cant believe how easy it comes up. its all technique. learn on an RR and any bike is easy to wheelie! lol

ps...best thread name ever. hahahaa

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sprocket13: is the front lowered as well as the rear? If its just the rear thats lowered thats why....but if she uses it for more daily riding and canyon stuff as opposed to stunts, you may want to lower the front, it will make it steer more neutrally. (as opposed to one end wanting to come around the other)

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
danman1206 said:
i just bought an 06 rr ,is it easy to get the wheel up? i havent had a chance to ride it with all the bad weather and work
I would say get used to your brand new 06' first (unless your pro) before starting to wheelie it..Don't want another post in the crash, boom, bang section about a 2 week old rr down...

But to answer your question...It's a little harder than other bikes because of the mass centralization (that word doesn't look write, and like other things I probably spelling wrong, lol)...Take it slow and ride safe..

·
Registered
484 Posts
Kevlar said:
Sprocket13: is the front lowered as well as the rear? If its just the rear thats lowered thats why....but if she uses it for more daily riding and canyon stuff as opposed to stunts, you may want to lower the front, it will make it steer more neutrally. (as opposed to one end wanting to come around the other)
As far as I know you can't just lower the rear, besides being wrong your handlebars will hit the air ducts.

·
Registered
86 Posts
mr.atrox said:
I'm thinking about raising back it stock..the bike sets to low fore me I bought it off a short lady.

Raise it up. Unless u need the bike lowered because u are short, it's absolutely unnecessary.

·
Registered
382 Posts
alrova said:
As far as I know you can't just lower the rear, besides being wrong your handlebars will hit the air ducts.

another girl i know w/ an SV650 has her rear lowered 2 inches. front stock height!!! weiird if you ask me. but thats what she wanted. works fine.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
sproket13 said:
another girl i know w/ an SV650 has her rear lowered 2 inches. front stock height!!! weiird if you ask me. but thats what she wanted. works fine.
Um, that totally screws with the geometry of the bike. There is NOTHING "works fine" about that.

·
Registered
382 Posts
shes not a real rider. she just wants a bike. i wouldnt do it and i agree with you....fucks up the handling. lowering a bike is BITCH period. why would you do it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts