Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha !

So I have a 2009 600RR, and we just picked up a 97 F3

I've been playing with the F3, it's fun, diffrent, and surely screams. I rode it all week and was like yeah .. this is alot like my 09 .. LOL haha

I get on my CBR last night and was like HOLY CRAP its light as a feather, sooo easy to flick and I feel way more stable

It reminded me of when you use ankle weights or a weight vest and run, then take it off later and feel like you have super powers

I felt like i had super powers on my CBR LOL

Just thought I'd share

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mileage on it is 14,000 miles we were looking for a 1st bike for my GF that we would not be afraid to drop. It's already been dropped 2 times by her in the parking lot and one time by ME in the garage when trying to get it up on the track stand to clean the chain.

So stress free .. its like .. PLOP (pig squeal) ... pick her up and keep going

She is a PIG .. hahaha that's funny as hell

So we found it on craigs list for 2300 and talked them down to 1700 she runs great, little things here and there we need to do .. change the oil .. new air filter .. carbs are in good shape running sea foam for a while to get her a little smoother

Sure having fun on it and my girl loves it too !

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bwahahaha my girl friend corrected me ... Piggy .. was dropped once in the parking lot

she's a heavy thing . but we love her already

·
Registered
51 Posts
i know what you mean man, my first bike was an 88 cbr hurricane with 24,xxx miles and i rode it the other day and lemme tell you its a nasty feeling going back to it from the RR

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a 99 plate Fx (I think thats an F4 in States) that I got as my first bike and I thought it was a flying machine and was great to learn on (after passing my test).

But compare to the RR9 it is indeed like some crazy heavy monster thing. Funny thing is I used to go from that to riding my dads Dulsville and thought that was a crazy heavy beast comapred to the Fx so wonder what it would feel like now.

Still, the old Fx is a hell of a lot more comforatble to ride all day and I gave it to my wife for her first bike (and an exuse for me to buy the RR9 :D)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 99 plate Fx (I think thats an F4 in States) that I got as my first bike and I thought it was a flying machine and was great to learn on (after passing my test).

But compare to the RR9 it is indeed like some crazy heavy monster thing. Funny thing is I used to go from that to riding my dads Dulsville and thought that was a crazy heavy beast comapred to the Fx so wonder what it would feel like now.

Still, the old Fx is a hell of a lot more comforatble to ride all day and I gave it to my wife for her first bike (and an exuse for me to buy the RR9 :D)

Your right its alot more comfy for sure, and it's her "learner" bike once she gets comfortable we will save up and get her something modern. I have teenagers who want to ride too .. so this bike will be for them to learn as well.

And finally it's for me to track (and learn) if I"m gonna slide a bike this is the one to slide .. LOL .. and also it's for me to "learn" how to do things such as oil, air filter, plugs, and all the basic maintenance that I've never done before

·
Registered
321 Posts
"And finally it's for me to track (and learn)"

That a good point , I have only done one track day and it was on the Fx. Not sure I have the guts to take the RR on the track incase I feked it...

Then again - may be worse comming home after trashing the wifes bike... lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts