Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when down yesterday :(

nothing bad happened to me besides a bit of rash on my left lower back (jacket slid up a bit) and my left hip is tiny bit bruised from the impact on the pavement.

the bike is not in good shape at all. it jumped a curb and ended up tumbling a bit. all i remember while i was sliding was the crunching sound my bike was making when it was flopping around. that sucked!! busted the stator cover open, cracked fairings all around, ripped one of my spools right out of the swing arm, and god knows what other damage.

well onto the incident........was traveling down a two lane city street during lunch hour in a line of traffic in the left lane going about 35mph (speed limit 30). once i cleared past a parked car, i singled, did a quick head check, and moved into right lane to ease past the slower moving traffic. (everyone in cali goes slow in the left lanes...no idea why) the guy in a car ahead of me decided to pretty much do the same thing, but obviously without checking to see if anyone was in the right lane. he contacted my left leg with his driver side door and started pushing me towards the curb.

everything happened so fast. i tried slowing down prior to impact as well as hit my horn to get his attention, but it was too late. the impact upset the bike enough to pitch me off the left side and i started sliding on my left shoulder, arm and hip. i believe that i locked my front brake in panic. i think the bike ended up hitting the curb and launching around a few times finally resting on it's right side next to the curb about 50 yards away facing backards into traffic.

after i stopped sliding i ninja rolled to my feet and took a seat on a nearby planter on the sidewalk. i gained my composure and had 4 people rush to me saying they saw the whole thing and giving me their contact info for witnesses. super nice of them to do that!!!!!

police came, info was exchanged, bike was towed (thanks honda rider's club!!) and my girl took me to a medical center to get checked out. nothing but a few bumps and bruises thank god!!

in hindsight, i'm very thankful that i wasn't injured badly. i got very lucky.

lesson learned: i didn't give myself a big enough safety bubble and should've practised a bit more caution in the heavier flowing traffic. i can replay everything in my head and take it to heart. i can't wait to get back out there though and take this life lesson and put better habits into practise.

be safe out there guys!!!!

pics to follow for sure.

laters....
STOCK

· Premium Member
13,503 Posts
Oh man, sorry about your wreck. I'm glad the cager stopped to exchange info. I hope you get the insurance bs sorted out soon so she can get back on the road.

Nice job on the ninja roll!

G

·
GLad to hear your okay man. After reading your thread title I figured it was going to be bad. I have 3 friends that have lost an arm because of motorcycle accidents.

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the dude totally stopped gave all his info and seemed generally concerned with my well being first and foremost. like i said, i got so lucky on so many levels.

here's the pics from my girlfriend's phone: http://www.tmobilepictures.com/1208...6/ps/ALBUM/VIEWWEBSITE?foneblog=1157131381176

not sure if the steed will get totalled or not (it was bent up pretty good).....if so, i'll be waiting patiently for the 07's arrival. ;)

· Registered
500 Posts
Sorry to hear, but glad you're ok though.

· Premium Member
53,946 Posts
Sorry about your accident bro and so glad to read you are not hurt
so bad good luck with bike repairs

· Ninjore Supreme
6,551 Posts
Glad your ok man, atleast the guy wasn't a prick about it and didn't try to drive off.

· Registered
4,434 Posts
jstock107 said:
not sure if the steed will get totalled or not (it was bent up pretty good).....if so, i'll be waiting patiently for the 07's arrival. ;)
oh yeah, thats a total loss. scratches on the swingarm, wheel, fairings, turn signals, etc...all will come out to a bunch of money at the dealership-and thats how the insurance co will handle it. start shopping now...
glad you werent hurt worse and that you learned something from it. definitely always have to predict worse case scenarios.

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just got the call and she's indeed a total loss. :( now i have to deal with the insurance issue. the dude's company is so far really easy to work with. (i'm even getting 50% of the value of my old Teknic jacket I was wearing!!) they're going to end up giving me the "retained" value of the bike and let me keep it!!! good news for those who need any parts. bad news because i still owe a little bit of money on it, but it'll work itself out hopefully.

i hope to be on the road real soon.

· Registered
812 Posts
"...and moved into right lane to ease past the slower moving traffic..."

Another one passing on the right!

Glad you are OK.

· Registered
77 Posts
Glad to hear that you came out of it mostly okay, and the driver did stop, you don't see much of that. N owdays the driver just goes off without care for the biker he just hit, even though the biker could just as well be dieing. To them its not thier concern. Sad but true, correct me if i'm wrong.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.