Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sold my RR yesterday to a member on here, he got a GREAT deal IMO :)
and i leave for Army basic training on May 27th in Ft Benning GA.
i wont be around for the whole summer but ill be back and have no intentions of leaving this forum behind.

i plan on buying a supermoto in around a year from now, but havent decided on what one yet.
kicking around between the Husky 450 or 510 SMR, KTM 450 or 560 SMR.
the Husky is a little ahead of the KTM because it comes 100% street legal out of the box, and ive always had a crush on them.

at least i have some time to figure out what i want there :wave:

oh, and i still have my SXF and have no intentions of getting rid of her :)

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wanted to go infantry, and i did :)
i sold the RR because im not gonna get to ride it much, and its not like i wont be able to buy another one down the road.

tho when i get back on a sportbike, it will be a V twin. cough cough KTM RC8

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
that sucks. why would you ever want to go in the army? The only you would get me in the military is if there was a draft and I HAD to go.
Watch what you say around these parts boy.....

Hey MX good luck at Benning bro. Its tough but you'll have a blast!
Drink plenty of water! Thanks for serving man...
Again good luck bro!

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Airborne ^
ive been running my ass off lately to kind of ready myself.

im sure GA in the summer is gonna be fun :tard:

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well you have the right to feel that way man ^
i look at it like this, i have job security in unsure times, health/dental/eye care (which i lost when i got laid off from my old job) and ill get training that i hope to apply to a law enforcement career down the road (hopefully FBI or DEA).

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
thanks Airborne ^
ive been running my ass off lately to kind of ready myself.

im sure GA in the summer is gonna be fun :tard:
No prob.
Drink plenty of water and if you can, get a hold of a Ranger Handbook and Field Manual (FM) 7-8.
Infantry material that will def. help you out in your stint with us. Congrats and good luck. If you need anything, I'll be around here.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Josh, good luck, have fun and thanks for serving bro

i myself also wanna join the armed force after high school but the parents want me to go to college instead, after college tho i'm def going to enlist

btw, has the army assigned you to a specific infantry division yet?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Im sorry, you can hate me or not, but I don't thank ANYONE for going to the military. I think its stupid, especially if you have a family. Thats just my opinion. I also hate how a lot of guys and gals come back from the military and immediately buy brand new bikes, (as many on here did) and brand new cars/trucks. I think its stupid. Oh well, flame on:73:
This post should be put in the trash bin....

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Josh, good luck, have fun and thanks for serving bro

i myself also wanna join the armed force after high school but the parents want me to go to college instead, after college tho i'm def going to enlist

btw, has the army assigned you to a specific infantry division yet?
no, i just made it through military processing (meps) and was deemed fit to serve.
ive signed my paper work and sworn in, but other than that im just waiting to leave pretty much.
i dont even know where im gonna get stationed at after training is up.

i signed up for 3 years plus 14 weeks.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Good luck man...have fun with those sand fleas! I went through the BCT there in '03. They will give you memories to last a lifetime. Brush off the flames, some people can take ignorance to a whole new level and not know when to keep their mouth shut. Stay sharp.

·
Registered
380 Posts
MX good luck and enjoy it...You will have a blast in basic..It wiil be one of the best things you will ever do in your life...Just dont be a blue falcon and dont stop as a ground pounder..Go airborne and air assault...hella fun...Now if you want another good m.o.s and want that lil extra training then reclass to a 19D and then you get some real fun and not the infantry **** jobs...Otherwise enjoy and always remember there are people here that do support ya...

God speed and HOORAH

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
G/L brother. Those who have served, do serve and will serve, I'm sure wish you the best. Stay safe.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts