Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most important aspect in a transaction to me is customer service. Some vendors tell you everything you need to know, and know their info very well. Others seem to think that complacency, and poor service is alright.

My last five purchases went smoothly, but unfortunately I have another possibly shady experience (in progress) that I might add to the list of bad ones unless the vendor is going to do something about it.

It's very simple:
- The vendor and I agree on a total price and method of payment.
- I ask for the details so I can wire the money.
- I wire the money but then receive a message from my bank that the vendor's bank couldn't accept the transfer because the beneficiary details are incorrect. To modify details/cancel the transfer I have to pay 32USD equivalent or the money I transferred stays charged to me.
- I notify the vendor and tell him that since I will have to pay that extra amount because of your mistake, to just add another product for slightly less than that value to the order.
- I go ahead and modify the details and the money goes through.
- The money arrives and the vendor acts all surprised, saying that I should bear that extra amount not him.

Really?:retard:

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
This aint right wire transfers are a costly pain in the buttocks process to begin with even when its a smooth one

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So your saying that he messed up on his end and then wants you to pay for his mistake?

:ponder:
Exactly.

This aint right wire transfers are a costly pain in the buttocks process to begin with even when its a smooth one
They can be Moe, but if both parties are being fair and logical, then everything should be smooth.

You need to set up a better way to make payments man
Not all vendors support all the payment options.

not many choices when you live where he does
Precisely.

Paypal. They have excellent security and also coverage should you get ripped off
I remember being told that coverage doesn't apply in all countries, and support is not as comprehensive as it is in the US.

This is not my first wire transfer.
When I bought the J4Race rearsets from a fresh vendor on here, the actual transaction couldn't have went smoother. He gave me details which I provided to the bank and the transaction was simple and fast. The guy had problems producing the sets in the time frame he promised, which he exceeded by A LOT. I didn't complain, I kept checking back and forth with him until I received everything. On top of that, it is a Spanish company and is based in Thailand. You would think someone based in the States carrying such an esteemed name would not even consider doing this to a first time customer.

I received this email from him yesterday, which actually incriminates him even more:

"I’m sorry but it does not work that way, details where giving to you as they were giving to me, "

:retard:

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I know this wasn't us and honestly it sounds like a simple misscommunication between the vendor and their bank. However, I can say that when getting a wire transfer normally it's like 20-40 dollars and with most banks all paid by the sender. As a vendor that means they didn't have to pay Paypal/cc fee's. Without having to pay fee's it shouldn't be a problem to cover the fee one time for the miscommunication. Up to them though. If they got you the incorrect information though then imo you're right in everything you said. Be it them or their bank you shouldn't have to pay for it if you did as you were instructed, but it's not my call as we were not involved.

Best of luck bro.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
As far as the "beneficiary details are incorrect", was that an error on your part or theirs? I guess I'd sort of understand if there was no error on their part and they were hesitating to cover that mistake. However, if the bank details were incorrectly given to you I'd be bummed to see you pay for their mistake.

Hopefully this was a product that Corey or I couldn't get you? I know your last purchase went smooth with me.

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As far as the "beneficiary details are incorrect", was that an error on your part or theirs? I guess I'd sort of understand if there was no error on their part and they were hesitating to cover that mistake. However, if the bank details were incorrectly given to you I'd be bummed to see you pay for their mistake.

Hopefully this was a product that Corey or I couldn't get you? I know your last purchase went smooth with me.

Keep us updated.
Yup the stuff I ordered wasn't available at Motomummy or STG.

Yeah he gave me the details and I used them to the letter. Their bank rejected the funds because the details were wrong, he then gave me the right beneficiary name and the funds went through. As expressed by all the responses (not to mention logic and reason) there should be no hesitation whatsoever to cover their mistake.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Yup the stuff I ordered wasn't available at Motomummy or STG.

Yeah he gave me the details and I used them to the letter. Their bank rejected the funds because the details were wrong, he then gave me the right beneficiary name and the funds went through. As expressed by all the responses (not to mention logic and reason) there should be no hesitation whatsoever to cover their mistake.
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification on both subjects. I don't want to step on anyone's toes but I'd personally have a hard time having a customer pay for an error on my part.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification on both subjects. I don't want to step on anyone's toes but I'd personally have a hard time having a customer pay for an error on my part.
Good thing your perfect so you don't have to worry about mistakes. I make one a year, but am getting there..... Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I know this wasn't us and honestly it sounds like a simple misscommunication between the vendor and their bank. However, I can say that when getting a wire transfer normally it's like 20-40 dollars and with most banks all paid by the sender. As a vendor that means they didn't have to pay Paypal/cc fee's. Without having to pay fee's it shouldn't be a problem to cover the fee one time for the miscommunication. Up to them though. If they got you the incorrect information though then imo you're right in everything you said. Be it them or their bank you shouldn't have to pay for it if you did as you were instructed, but it's not my call as we were not involved.

Best of luck bro.
With everything you said it just astounds me how some vendors insist on not taking any part of the burden especially when they are at fault 100%.

Anyways, I just sent him a link to this thread. If he cares about the reputation of his company especially on this important forum, he should do the right thing and resolve this situation. The other vendor I have had a problem with a long while back, rectified the situation and is still eager for me to make my next purchase from him, and I will at some point because he showed me he cares about his company's reputation as well as his.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
With everything you said it just astounds me how some vendors insist on not taking any part of the burden especially when they are at fault 100%.

Anyways, I just sent him a link to this thread. If he cares about the reputation of his company especially on this important forum, he should do the right thing and resolve this situation. The other vendor I have had a problem with a long while back, rectified the situation and is still eager for me to make my next purchase from him, and I will at some point because he showed me he cares about his company's reputation as well as his.
Giving them a chance to rectify the situation before naming and shaming also shows you're a great customer. They should be happy you're willing to work with them on THEIR mistake.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Mate, if you have the email they sent you with their bank details just forward them a copy of it so they can verify it's their mistake. If it is then they should make good on it.

If they refuse to accept it and it is their mistake, find out who their boss is and escalate the issue. They won't like the bad press it will incur and you may find it's a low level employee who doesn't want to own up to it and have to explain to his boss why they are giving away $30 of merchandise for nothing.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
You never said in any of the emails you needed a name attached to the account I gave you the PNC bank info along with the account and rounting number,address, and even the phone number you never said you needed a name attached to it.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

Keep us updated.
Jason hit it right on the nose, I sent him all the info,never said he needed a name, all my other accounts have never needed a name attached to it, just the bank name which was PNC, the account,routing number,address and phone number.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
You never said in any of the emails you needed a name attached to the account I gave you the PNC bank info along with the account and rounting number,address, and even the phone number you never said you needed a name attached to it.
If you don't know how international wire transfers work, then why did you tell me it's fine for you? You asked at me at the very beginning how I will pay and I said wire transfer, you said alright.

Honda East Toledo said:
Rad Rage said:
Honda East Toledo said:
Rad Rage said:
Hi Paulie,

please PM me your best forum prices for the following and shipping via USPS priority to Kuwait.

- CF OEM Honda Racing tank trim
- CF OEM Honda Racing rear cowl trim
- CF OEM Honda Racing (not HRC) tank pad

Thanks
The only question I have is how where you going to pay?
Wire transfer.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
I just had to check,get you a price here soon.
Secondly, yes I know you need a name, it's obvious and here are the details you sent; THEY INCLUDE A NAME, YOUR NAME, which is wrong because the account is not under your name:

Email Quote:

PNC Bank
405 Madison Ave
Toledo OH 43603

Routing-041000124
Account#-4228284714
Phone-419-897-1500

Paulie Tomanicek
419-891-1230ext33
Honda East Toledo
1230 Conant St
Maumee OH 43537

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mate, if you have the email they sent you with their bank details just forward them a copy of it so they can verify it's their mistake. If it is then they should make good on it.

If they refuse to accept it and it is their mistake, find out who their boss is and escalate the issue. They won't like the bad press it will incur and you may find it's a low level employee who doesn't want to own up to it and have to explain to his boss why they are giving away $30 of merchandise for nothing.
Thanks for the suggestion Nico, I just did.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.