Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
parking lot at work got too hot and my kickstand sunk far enough for the bike to fall over

So far that's the only damage i could see, ill have to give her a once over in the morning. I guess i'll need a new tail..any ideas where to look?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Ronayers.com or the the classified section here. For my '05 I bought a tail on this site from someone that was replacing with track plastic. You just have to look around for a while.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
You parked on asphalt didnt you? I had that same experience almost but i got to my bike in time before my bike completely fell over.

Try ebay for a used tail.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You parked on asphalt didnt you? I had that same experience almost but i got to my bike in time before my bike completely fell over.

Try ebay for a used tail.

Guilty! :banghead:

Where else am i going to park? My parking spot is right where the camera is in case anyone is feeling lucky!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
u use a square piece of laminate flooring lol, ive been installing it in my upstairs so i so i grabbed a small square! works great.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i use to use a smashed pop can, but now i have a actual kickstand pad i got for free and it works great. another tip incase you have no other options is to park with the shade side towards your kickstand,
and the best alternative is to park on the painted parking lines, you wont sink in those because the paint makes it like 20-30 degrees cooler and obviously theres a layer of paint over the asphault

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
That's PERFECT

i put the little indent a couple days after, because i set it down once on it and the peg "slipped" a bit. didn't come off or anything but it made me nervous. So, next day i made a groove for it to sit in...hahaha

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
best thing ive ever seen was a hockey puck that a buddy put in a mill and machined out a slot for the stand. not even noticeable under the bike.

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
I was in Daytona Beach in June of 09 and even though the temps were lower, the humidity was gnarly. Literally broke a sweat crossing the street. This year we are already in the high 90's in Cali, but no excuse not to wear your (vented) gear :toothy4:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i used to use a crushed MT Dew can (it's 50% stronger than coke :crackup:) but i recently got a free kickstand pad at a local ride, works great.
That's cause coke sucks! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Reactions: PlayCrackTheSky

·
Registered
278 Posts
Almost had that happen to me when I had my F4i. Came out of work and the bike was leaning hard. I now flip the bike around and put the kickstand on the concrete curb. Sorry to hear about that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Instead of buying a new OEM tail fairing I started looking at aftermarket kits.
There are too many nicks and scratches from the previous owner anyway.

I'm torn though

Auctmarts - 530 shipped
cbrfairings - 565 (includes rear cowl) + whatever the shipping is
motofansclub - 490 from ebay
OR motofansclub vendor special which is -
Fairing + windscreen + Solo Seat cowl +Tank Pad + Heat shielding
469 US shipped , only order direct through the Private Message or through the 600rr.net only
NO Ebay, Paypal only!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.