Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry, Ive got a 2005.

1. This may sound dumb but when my fuel gauge starts to blink, how many miles do I have till Im out? Also, I usually fill up when my light blinks and It takes about 3 gallons. I can usually go about 110 miles before the light blinks. Is this normal? Am I getting average mileage?

2. I was wondering what I could do about removing the "3rd eye". I just dont think it needs to be there, or if possible, make it just as bright as the head lights. Do they make a block off plate?

3. How accurate is the speedo at high speeds? How fast are these bikes going?

D

·
0 Posts
1) There's no real way to know, other then riding your bike until it stops and record how far you went from the time it started flashing to being completely out of gas. Sometimes the reserve light will flash before or after it should.

2) You can just pull it out, or just unplug it and leave it in place.

·
Registered
252 Posts
First of all.... when you address any issue with your bike please identify it. Different years have different parts. The third eye is in different locations on different years.

As far as the gas goes when your light starts to blink you should have approximately .92 or about 1 gallon of gas. Depending on how you drive it is possible to get 35-45 miles to a gallon.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Sorry, Ive got a 2005.

1. This may sound dumb but when my fuel gauge starts to blink, how many miles do I have till Im out? Also, I usually fill up when my light blinks and It takes about 3 gallons. I can usually go about 110 miles before the light blinks. Is this normal? Am I getting average mileage?

2. I was wondering what I could do about removing the "3rd eye". I just dont think it needs to be there, or if possible, make it just as bright as the head lights. Do they make a block off plate?

3. How accurate is the speedo at high speeds? How fast are these bikes going?

1. Fuel Tank Capacity - 18 litres (including 3.5-litre LCD-indicator reserve)
36 + mpg tells me you are in the normal range.
2. Remove it if you want - HID it if you want - do what you like with it...
3. Is your bike standard? They all do a real 150+mph - I don't know what your definition of high speed is but if you add subtract 10% to whatever the speedo says its probably close. Only easy way to check is GPS.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Speedo is usually -5%, knock a tooth out of the rear sproket and it's just about nuts on...have we been buzzing the local backroads....(grin)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts