Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I and a plane engineer and 2 mechanics can't find the problem in Honda CBR 600 RR 08 in Vietnam. The problem is as follows : the key, ignition key on, everything is like it should be - fuel pump prime relays are ticking when you push the starter button its start to rotate but it can't start up. We pushed it and it started from 4 revolution on back tyre. We checked the the accumulator, change it in case there is a problem, but it can't start up. We checked the starter but it's rotating (we checked through the timing cap) it is using as much electricity as my Honda CBR 600 RR 06. Spark plugs give spark , no indication on FI lamp. We checked with pc for diagnostics and then it showed an error, but i think that this error is old (8 short blinks, 8 - TP sensor, TP sensor writing). The plane engineer who is from Canada called to Honda but they couldn't give us meaningful answer. So that's why I am asking you friends for help because for first time, 4 heads , tones of readen information in this forum and leant service manual by heart couldn't help. The bike has installed Akrapovich slipon at least 3 months before the problem starts. The problem began after car wash . Please help me to find the answer of this dilemma. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
how did you wash it? w/ a high pressure washer, or a regular low pressure hose?

try flipping the kill switch on the right handle bar off then back on a few times.
you also might want to check the kickstand switch.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
high pressure washer ... the bike is not mine i was just there when the problem start .... kickstand its ok we checked already

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We tried to switch off the engine in motion and to start it up from the button .. and it didn't work, that's why it is not the kicksend.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
do not ever use a high pressure washer again.
it blasts water in all sorts of bad places like wiring, electrical connectors, past oil seals etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont ... i use normal water ...but my friend is lazy and prefer to washed in car wash ... :( so what about this problem ?

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
?????
it might take a while to dry out, and it could work fine again.
or water may have shorted something out and it will need to be traced. start at the fuse box under the seat.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
checked ... everything is fine fuses,releys all cool nice and dry
what the hell making this problem...plsss if you have some solution tell me we will keep checking everything but we start to run out of ideas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts