Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i try to start up my bike as the warmer days are coming more frequently. I noticed the Iwin tail that i purchased in aug. and used for maybe 2-3 months no longer works properly. The problem is that when the bike is on and brake not pressed, the light does not turn on at all. If you press the brake the light will work fine. I do not care for any light patterns at this point i just want it to work b/c don't want to pay $100+ for another light. My question is; Is there any way to hook up the light directly to brake wires without the control module? I'm not very familiar w/ LED's and not sure if this can be done. If i need to by resistors or anything else i wouldn't mind...just want a simple light that stays on and gets brighter with brakes on....lol.....Please help someone. thanks

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Double check the wires to make sure the running is making contact. Have seen a couple that have arrived with the control box fried... T

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i reconnected all the wires to the box and nothing.....it looks like the box got melted and its not in its original shape b/c of the heat from the exhaust.....Like if i tap the box "hit it" the light will flicker...i don't want to open the box as i want to see whats up w/ my warranty but i will be opening and to see soon if i have no other options.....If i open the box anything i should be looking for? Do i even need that box for an "On/Off" break light?

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
The heat from the exhaust did not melt the box, Resistance is not correct in the box. We have three boxes and they are all melted. T

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks sincal squid!.......So at this point what do you suggest i do T. I def. need the turning signals to work b/c i don't have any signals in the back.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh Hell no!!! i'm not beat! what could he possibly do!? sodder somethings back in there.....lol I rather buy a hole new one if i have to pay more than half of what a new one would be....

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
oh Hell no!!! i'm not beat! what could he possibly do!? sodder somethings back in there.....lol I rather buy a hole new one if i have to pay more than half of what a new one would be....
Don't get us confused with Iwin. It's not our product, if you send it to us we will gut it and replace with our led's.... If something does happen to the taillight after we modify it we will fix it.... You know where to find us, we have been here for almost 5 years now....

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
What he has been charging for is replacing all the led's for a better and brighter board. Lighting will be similar to CA integrated tails. Pretty much your light will be what it should have came like from Iwin. But if you just want it to work and no new led's I'm sure he can work with you.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Don't get us confused with Iwin. It's not our product, if you send it to us we will gut it and replace with our led's.... If something does happen to the taillight after we modify it we will fix it.... You know where to find us, we have been here for almost 5 years now....
Ha, T beat me to it. BTW T I sent out my J'Neer to you yesterday.

Tripage is one of the best vendors on here, always stands by his product and even nice enough to repair others defective product. You can trust anything that come from him.

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
I can't promise anything if you just want us to look at it. I can't say how it's wired, have 3 units in hand and they are all different... T

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
ok i absolutely understand and don't expect it to be free as you have nothing to do w/ iwin....Would you replace it even after i try to fix it myself, since you will have to replace everything anyway? I would like to give it a try myself before sending it out.

P.S. T. Very interested in the third eye module. Let me know the answers to my questions above...if i have to send it out to you then i might want to do the third eye as well depending on pricing. thanks

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
You can't hurt it anymore, it just won't work. We pull everything. All that is left is the back and the lens, the rest is ours. T

Here is the info on the third eye and the knight rider third eye for the 07-09 RR.
You will have to remove your mirrors fairing stay bolts for the front fairing and the side plastic pieces on both sides of the headlight. You can then pull your front fairing down and remove the third eye. Plug n play options. Replacing led's with a different color or the standard knight rider only option are very easy to install. Video shows install.

Let me know when you are ready. Thanks. T
We will also wire in a three way switch to make this completely plug n play
Prices range from $60 to $135 depending on which setup you
are wanting. You don't have to send us anything if you have an 03-06 600rr or any 1000rr. 07--08 600rr we need your third eye to do the mod in.
The first video is $135 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2lI-0_1xR0
This is for two colors. One being knight rider and the other being all solid.
This video led's one color as knight rider.
This is $75 All knight rider only.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGn_0GDO7Kw
This one with all led's where they can be knight rider or solid
third eye is $120.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z2THa_0NnzI&feature=related
The board has a potentiometer on it so you can
adjust how fast the knight rider goes.
Pricing includes shipping in the U.S
$60 we will replace your stock led's with brighter white ones or we can install
Blue
Red
Green
Amber
UV
Pink
White
Orange

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2lI-0_1xR0

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
We do have third eyes in stock. $60 core charge and we will send you a new one and refund $60 when we get your mint one back. T

1 - 20 of 28 Posts