Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ducati makes only V-Twin Bikes, Lots of other European manufacturer makes V-twin bikes but not Japs. I know they make cruisers and maybe One or Two V-Twins like Suzuki TL-1000 or Honda VTR but not regularly or aggressively. Why is that? Is there some sort of drawback to making a V-Twin Bike?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ducati has a V4 too, just restricted to a very limited edition production bike :toothy4:

Twins are nice because they let you build a nice slim bike, 4s are nice because you can revv them like mad and make lots of power, plus they're pretty smooth most of the time :toothy4: Twins normally end up with some nice cc's so you can also build a pretty 'torquey' motor in some cases compared to the smaller on average I4s. V4s let you get in on the revs while keeping a slimmer profile, but they're a pain to maintain.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Not to side track this thread, but am I the only one somewhat offended at the fact that people are still calling Japanese, japs? I'm pretty sure it wasn't the OP's original intention to offend anyone, but yea..just had to say that...Back on topic...I have no idea of the drawbacks on a V and an inline. I wouldn't know so i'm kind of curious as to where this goes.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
Not to side track this thread, but am I the only one somewhat offended at the fact that people are still calling Japanese, japs? I'm pretty sure it wasn't the OP's original intention to offend anyone, but yea..just had to say that...Back on topic...I have no idea of the drawbacks on a V and an inline. I wouldn't know so i'm kind of curious as to where this goes.
yes you are the only one offended. so you are offended because somebody used a barely "derogatory" term about a motorcycle?

·
Registered
326 Posts
yeah because they are an amazing track weapon a V twin at that, thats the point of this thread... but as far as sales numbers go its a rare motorcycle.
Yeah, they are not in current production but I am amazed at what used Honda CBRs and RCs (try and find a decent RC45) go for. Close to original retail or over. I think that says everything you need to know about them.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Not to side track this thread, but am I the only one somewhat offended at the fact that people are still calling Japanese, japs? I'm pretty sure it wasn't the OP's original intention to offend anyone, but yea..just had to say that

i am japanese and i do not take offence to that remark. so do not worry about it. i call my friends japs all the time in public:icon_lol:

what i think honda should do is make a 600rr with a v4, that would be the coolest thing in the world.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts