Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a Jardine RT-1 onto my '06 600RR today. A lot easier than I thought it would be. Hardest part was working with an 03-04 service manual to remove the stock exhaust on an 06 (directions, descriptions, and illustrations not matching and all) until I just threw it aside and started unscrewing everything in sight until it came off. Popped the new one on and that was that. Probably spend more time aligning it perfectly than actually installing it. Anyway, now to the questions.

- There was a white smoke (not the condensation type) coming from the exhaust end after the first time I went out to run it. Gone now so I'm figuring it was just something that happens as the part breaks in. What is it and is this anything to worry about?

- Along with the smoke came an awful, very non-engine type smell. Like plastic burning and melting, but much more potent. The smell is also gone now. Again, what is it and is this something to worry about?

- I found that the side heat shield (not the large top one) under the right rearset and brake line no longer fit without some slight fabrication. The mid-pipe sits higher than the stock mid-pipe and the clamp was also larger. Had to cut a section off at the top and middle of the side heat shield. Did everyone else with the Jardine have to do the same? I don't like my cuts and am thinking about just buying a new heat shield ad redoing it to make it cleaner.

Overall, I'm very happy with everything. Installation was simple, the Jardine was cheap to purchase, it gives off a slightly louder, but pleasing sound, and I can notice a slight increase in low-end performance. If you're not into the "hey, look at me, my bike is ass loud" exhaust note (like, say, from an Arata) and prefer something a little more simpler, I recommend you check out the Jardine RT-1 for sure. :beer:

·
Registered
830 Posts
nice pipe.. i've heard some good things about it.. great bang for the buck.. i think what you experienced is normal breakend on a new exhaust.. i had something similar when i installed my rs-5. it went away after a few miles..

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The smell is the packing inside.
White smoke will be gone soon.

I bought same exhaust...inexpensive and good bang for the buck.

I cant see spending 500-600 on a arata slip on just for the bling factor.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Agree on the bang for your buck, I love my jardine, sounds so good, expecially at higher rpms. I have a buddy that has a 05 ninja 636 that has a yoshi slip on & mine sounds so much better & he even agrees it does too. Good choice on the pipe man... Didn't have to do any modifications to any of the shields though

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Agree, Jardine is a good choice to go with. If I were you, i'd shorten the pipe and unpolish it with a scotch-brite pad. Looks much better with that brushed aluminum look and a tip that's even with the tail.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
My nephew just put a Jardine on his 05RR and I am very impressed. He got a hell of a deal. He got his for $100. It was polished Aluminum (I guess) now it's balck . Looks much better. The sound is amazing. This is coming from me who has a Arata full system on mine. The Arata is not as loud as you think. I think his and mine are about equal as far as I can tell as far as sound. I like the way the Arata looks by far and the power increase it gives but if I was doing a track bike and wanted a pipe I would probably go with a Jardine. I would just take the heat shield off, most people do. The midpipe was touching a piece of plastic but it made it's own design into that (by melting it) and is ok now. No harm done. So all in all you got a nice pipe. Before I heard my nephews I wasn't too big of a fan of Jardine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ya i got some advice, never buy any thing off the net, that the shop or store is in the same state as u, cause u have to pay state taxes. like i did i just bought the yoshi from my local store off the net cause it was cheaper lol, but had to pay state taxes which was like $20. on top of my 16.00 shipping. live and learn i guess. other than that check to sponsors on the site they got some good deals

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
www.ridersinc.com check them out, give them a call and let em know you're on this forum. best guys i've dealt with, never had issues. other than that, check eghey.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have a question for the guys that are saying that the RT-1 is pretty quiet...

Do you guys have the race core or the street core RT-1

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a race core and its pretty loud but if you ride in a high gear and stay out of the throttle it can be quiet.

Also I recommend before installing it drilling two holes below the ones on the bracket to bring it up. I just did it to mine and it looks alot cleaner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts