Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the specifics for getting my bike ready for the track. I'm going to Jennings and I have searched but not much luck. Also what has to be done cause I'm still riding on the street.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
taped off lights, removed license plate and mirrors, also unplug the headlight and taillight connectors so the lights dont run.
you cant remove the fuse though.
Ive run at Jennings with coolant in the rad, but it was winter time and near freezing at times when I was there.

make sure your tires have at least 50% tread life left on them, as well as your brake pads.
that should be enough for B and I groups.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So do I need to safety wire stuff as well. Also my rear brake is not hooked up will I need it?
BTW MXRider didn''t you join the Army?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Also my rear brake is not hooked up will I need it?
They're not gonna inspect it, but you should hook it up anyway. A ride-off will get pretty exciting if you don't have a rear brake.

BTW, take off the mirrors and license plate, tape the lights (with painters tape)and you're ready to go. Simple.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
If you run off the track you will wish it worked:retard:
Definitely true!

BLUE,

Check out the track day checklist stickied to this section. It has what you need for a track day.

As for Jennings,

Who are you going with? If it is a Jennings run day, you won't get teched. But, if it is another organization, you may have to have some of the things done like a working rear brake.

Your minimum track prep is to tape the lights, remove the turn signals, remove the fender, and zip tie anything that could fall off (like passenger pegs).

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
BTW, take your mirrors off using the two small fasteners, not the one big one.
Why? I've always done it that way. It doesn't seem to be a problem and leaving the mirror plate on helps hold the fairing in place.

To the OP, ask the trackday provider. Each one could have slightly different specs to follow. Usually you don't have to safety wire your bike unless you're running in the elite/advanced group.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I mainly asked about the rear brake because for some reason the pad in the caliper is kinda twisted so like only half the pad actually touches the caliper. I am also planning to go with that trackday event on the 19th -20th from I believe it niner1000. Hopefully there not booked up yet.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I mainly asked about the rear brake because for some reason the pad in the caliper is kinda twisted so like only half the pad actually touches the caliper. I am also planning to go with that trackday event on the 19th -20th from I believe it niner1000. Hopefully there not booked up yet.
Niner will be doing Tech, so I would ask him. I know he doesn't ride with fluid in his rear, so I don't know that he is against it, but...better safe than sorry...

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
yea EVERY track day organizer has their own tech requirements.

For us, check the flyer on the sign up page, it has everything that you will need to know.

;)

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Why? I've always done it that way. It doesn't seem to be a problem and leaving the mirror plate on helps hold the fairing in place.
I've never been able to get those big fasteners off. I also saw another guy having the same problem at the track. I figured they were locktited or something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts