Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Would you be interested in riding a JenningsGP Clockwise (CW) Trackday?

• Maybe (Please post and explain why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

JenningsGP Trackday - Clockwise direction

1K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  SpeedyTide 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! I don't post here much, but wanted to get your opinions on this, as I know many of you have ridden at JenningsGP.

Jennings was built in 2000, and many of you may not realize, but JGP was originally designed to be run both directions (Counter Clockwise (CCW) & Clockwise (CW) ). Why has it been run CCW for all these years? I do not know, but that's what we riders are accustomed to.

JGP has done a few CW trackdays, and turnout was light. This could be a numbers of reasons (economy, conflict with schedule dates, etc.).

I've ridden it CW twice, and loved it the same as going CCW :banger:! It's a different track running it CW, compared to running the usual CCW direction.

Below is an on-board vid I took the first time (4th session out) I rode CW running 25/26's, which was only 2.? seconds off my personal best time (at that time) of 22.68 going CCW (I currently run a little quicker).

Click on the link, then click on the Vid. Pic. It will take you to my Photobucket page. Then go to the page 3 or 4, and click the Vid. Should work.

http://www.jenningsgp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18421

There have been 2 CCS Expert club racers (Greg Melka & Kyle Tenbusch) that have run high 19's there first time running it CW.

What do you think? Would you like to run it Clockwise (CW)? Discuss....

See less See more
#3 ·
I can see your point Jim. Do you think you'd see it differently if you were to ride it a full day to learn it? When they first said they'd be running it CW, I wasn't interested. I figured I do one to say I did it, but didn't think I'd like it.

Well, as the time came to ride it CW for the first time, I actually began to get exciting to try it. Once I did get out there, I made up my mind that it would be a new track (direction), and would require learning to ride it. I embraced it knowing it would make me a better rider overall, and it did!

Real quick, I learned it was FUN, something new & different. It was a new track! :cruising:

I'm hoping for more opportunities to do it running CW. :thumbup:

#8 ·
I can see your point Jim. Do you think you'd see it differently if you were to ride it a full day to learn it?
I don't know. I would definitely do another session or two at a track day, but Ii'm not sure I would pay for a whole day of CW. Funds and track days are a little scarce right now.

Btw, are you going to be there on Jan 24? I need someone to pull me down into the 24s.

#4 ·
I've only been to Jennings once. Your post got me to thinking that (I am almost positive) every track day I have done has been CCW. Mostly because if the racers want to do the track day for practice for an upcoming race, it helps since that is the way the track is run for race day. I guess I do prefer CCW, but could get used to CW. I would only do it though if it was a 2 day track day. That way you can spend Saturday getting used to it then Sunday have some fun!

#5 ·
I've been going to JGP and have been wanting to try it out CW. But it would have to be all day, only going a few sessions wont help people to learn it and most will probably hate it for that reason. I'm always down for something new and different at Jennings, but not my first run this season because I am wanting to jump into Advance I'm tired of the Kamikazee's in intermediate lol.

#6 ·
I was supposed to be road-trippin' there tomorrow night for a 3 day TD (Sat-Mon) this weekend.
It fell through. I'm bummed.

#10 ·
I've tried it CW once... in the rain.

I'd like to try it again. the JGP staff will let you do it if you make the arrangements. I'd probably wouldn't wanna do it CW as much as CCW coz it would throw me off, but it would be fun to learn both ways.

#11 ·
We did it cw but would have liked to do it faster to see how it was, wasn't a challenge going that slow. Would be nice.. Maybe to this at the next private day would be fun, but you have the PB you always want to beat CCW. T

#12 ·
We did it cw but would have liked to do it faster to see how it was, wasn't a challenge going that slow. Would be nice.. Maybe to this at the next private day would be fun, but you have the PB you always want to beat CCW. T
T when are we going on a monday trackday again? I'm feelin the itch...

#13 ·
Won't be till after the baby comes. March 14... Pretty much done with the front end swap on my bike so we are ready.

#15 ·
FYI... Jennings does host their own trackdays. They do 2 weekends (Sat, Sun, Mon) a month. They have control riders that work with the Novice group.

There are other orgs/sites that rent the track and do their own days, but generally they charge a few $'s more.

This time of year there are many from Canada, and the Northeast coming down for the better weather.

#16 ·
I have done it reverse a couple times, it's a lot of fine. When we rent it though we always go the "normal" direction, seems most of our riders prefer it as they are picking up where they left off as far as working on particular things.

But I'd like to do it some more.

#18 ·
I have done it reverse a couple times, it's a lot of fine. When we rent it though we always go the "normal" direction, seems most of our riders prefer it as they are picking up where they left off as far as working on particular things.

But I'd like to do it some more.
Nick, not sure if you remember me, I met you prolly 3 years ago at JGP. I believe when you were trying the newer 600rr for the first time maybe?

Well, JGP has scheduled a Clockwise Day for March 5th. You should try and get some folks to come ride it. Get that D-wire fella while you're at it! :banger:

#22 ·
I have been wanting to do a backwards day for a while. I have heard its awkward and all decreasing radius; thats why I want to ride it backwards, for the challenge.

I will definitely need a full day to learn it, I am a slow learner, sorta like my riding.
They have one scheduled for March 5th. :banger:

I've started another thread on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.