Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 ABS. Bike only have about 60 some odd miles on it. It feels jerky in 1st obviously. But even in 2nd and some of 3rd. Is this because the bike is not broken in yet? Will it smooth out?

·
Registered
68 Posts
From my experience, everything smooths out a little once you break it in. But it's just a jerky bike in general. Even in 2nd gear it'll take off, you just have to get used to it.

D

·
0 Posts
Got a better explanation of "jerky"? Hesitates, jerks back and forth with a steady throttle, etc?

·
Registered
454 Posts
It just the engine braking, the lower the gear the more pronounced it is. These things run fairly high compression so it'll be noticeable if you aren't smooth with the throttle.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it is my first bike ever! I am in South Florida down by the beach. I love riding it! And I just got Vortex adjustable rear sets, vortex rear stand and spools! I want to install the rear sets myself, because after all they are just replacements really, but I am nervous to do it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
the jerkiness is normal. i'm pretty sure it will always have it. at low speeds hold in your clutch a little. eventually it will become natural to you and this will smooth it out perfectly. at least this is what i do.

D

·
0 Posts
the jerkiness is normal. i'm pretty sure it will always have it. at low speeds hold in your clutch a little. eventually it will become natural to you and this will smooth it out perfectly. at least this is what i do.
Throttle control works much better then relying on the clutch as a crutch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Agreed, learn to be more smooth on the throttle. Its all in proper throttle control. You should be able to ride smoothly at 5mph if you need to.
Find a position where you are comfortably holding the bars and adjust your grip a bit on the throttle if need be to maintain that comfortable position when going slow. Doing this should help you stay more predictable on the gas. Good luck

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Yes, it is my first bike ever! I am in South Florida down by the beach. I love riding it! And I just got Vortex adjustable rear sets, vortex rear stand and spools! I want to install the rear sets myself, because after all they are just replacements really, but I am nervous to do it.
Join this group. www.floridasportbikers.com Tons of SoFla peeps, and very friendly. If you really think there is something wrong with your bike, ask someone there to come and take it around the block.

That being said, it sounds like the bike is OK and you are the problem. You're probably holding on too tight, which exaggerates the twitchiness of the bike. Try squeezing the tank with your legs, hard. Use you back muscles to hold your weight off your hands. You should be able to ride using just your fingertips. Is that comfortable? No? Well don't blame me. You're the one who needed an out-of-the-box race bike for his first bike. You'll get used to it after awhile.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jim Moore- There isn't anything wrong with the bike. The "jerkiness" is normal I am sure, I just have to get used to controlling the throttle better. And yes, I did in fact NEED an OOB race bike. lol.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Throttle control works much better then relying on the clutch as a crutch.
:+1:Clutching is NOT your solution. The throttle is VERY touchy, especially in first gear. Practice, practice, practice. You'll get the hang of it at some point. If not, part it out to make your money back:drunk:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts