Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RR is my fist bike and i have been riding it for 6 months now! Just this past weekend, i have a buddy who rides a 04 GSX-R and he asked if i wanted to swap bikes for a little while. I accepted and went for a cruise on the gixxer. First time on another bike (aside from the learner bike which the school supplied) and immediately, i noticed the smooth throttle of the gixxer. I am not talking about WOT or anything. I am talking about while cruising and you let off the throttle and you gradually get back onto the trottle. It seems like the RR is either ON of OFF while the gixxer, you can get a real smooth throttle. Is this just my bike or all RRs? Even my friend noticed this when we were talking about the differences of the bikes so it's not just me head that needs work! =P

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
320 Posts
No not just you my RR was the same way, this is probably going to set off another round of arguing which bike is better.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I noticed the same thing on my friend's 750. The RR is not happy in low RPM. She is smooth as silk up top though. Keep practicing at getting smoother. Tighten up your throttle cable so there is almost no play, that will help too.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I dont feel it as much now that i have switched to the fully synthetic MX4t

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I find lower revs its kinda jerky. It is a race machine though and its in its element in the higher revs anyway.

·
Registered
165 Posts
when in a low-speed turn, i go to ease on the throttle half way through the turn and because the jerkiness sometimes i'm worried of the bike giving too much gas.....

any advice?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
doesn't even have to be a noob thing, I've had 4 different bikes and this is the "jerkiest" (is that a word?)

If it really bothers you, get a PCIII, you'll clear it up.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
maoun said:
when in a low-speed turn, i go to ease on the throttle half way through the turn and because the jerkiness sometimes i'm worried of the bike giving too much gas.....

any advice?
Learn to work that left hand.

Feather the clutch in to keep RPMs up while in the slowest part of the turn.

Feather the clutch out to smoothly allow the tranny to hook back up with the rear wheel.

Works great for slow, tight U-turns too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
A few of my buddies that ride say this is a honda sport bike thing. 1 of them has an f4i that does the same thing. Other 2 friends have a gsx-r600 and a gsx-r750 and neither do it. Doesn't mean the gsx'r's are better bikes though. I'm kinda partial to my RR and after about 3000 miles i'm used to it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
quasi888 said:
Learn to work that left hand.
Yeah, you know the right hand gets boring after a while, hhahahaha

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
Hey, before you start workin with the left hand, sit on it for awhile, till it goes numb, you know they call it the "Stranger", or somthin like that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts