Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got an 04 600rr with 200 miles and it seems that it jerks hard whenever i shift. I have rode a lot of older bikes and never had a problem. is this because the clutch is new and hasnt been broken in yet or is the throttle and shifting just that touchy on these new bikes.
also there is a spinning/rubbing type sound when the bike is running. is this just because it hasnt been broken in yet too or whoat

V

·
0 Posts
Try taking some of the slack out of the throttle. My 03 is buttery smooth.

·
Registered
573 Posts
This bike is different than others. There is nothing wrong. You just have to learn the bike more, and work at making smoother shifts, and correct transitions with the clutch/ throttle. Keep and eye on your chain as well, and make sure It doesnt get too loose. Dont know about the spinning/rubbing sound, unless your just hearing the tranny/chain drive whine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
the rubbing may be your front brake calipers. i know on mine, it is so close, that sometimes i can hear a tiny "wish wish wish wish" sound from down there, but its doesn't heat them up like they are rubbing a lot you know? just BARELY. this is actually an issue i've been meaning to run by people here and see what i can do about it, or if i should even worry.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
id have to say that i think that it is the front brake calipers too
good call on that one yellow03_RR

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
The "jerky" throttle is just because your not used to a FI bike and the scraping is the clutch. All is normal. I went through the same thing but you will get used to it and get alot smoother. If you tach the bike up to 6, 7, or 8k rpm is shifts alot smoother. Especially from 1st to 2nd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts