Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS LOOKING AT A 2001 KAWASAKI AND IT SAID IT HAS A FIVE STAGE JET KIT...DO JET KITS WORK ON FUEL INJECTED ENGINES? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT A JET KIT DOES??

V

·
0 Posts
hmmm... ive only heard of jetting carbs not on FI bikes...sorry not too much help.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I KNOW JET KITS ARE FOR CARB ENGINES, ARE ALL BIKES MADE AFTER 2001 FUEL INJECTED???? WHAT ARE THE PRO AND CON'S OF FUEL INJ., ITS JUST THAT I SAW A 2001 KAWASAKI WITH A JET KIT. I THOUGHT ALL BIKES WOULD BE F.I.......MUST BE TOO NEW AT THIS

V

·
0 Posts
relax and turn the caps off.. some people might think you are yelling at them. :roll:

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Jet's are for carbs, Injectors are for Fuel injection. The jets in a carb have dirrerent stages for dirfferent rpm ranges and ae different sizes. If you put on a pipe you get a "jet kit" so that you correct teh ammount of fuel entering the carb making the bike run like it's supose. Since fuel injection uses computers you get a map that corrects how your fuel injection works. Carbs are easier to work on. You'll see most monsters that dragracers use and alot of muscle cars use them because it's so easy to switch out jets where as fuel injection you have to reprogram it. Fuel injection is also more costly parts wise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lots of Carbureted bikes still for sale in 2004. VTR is still with carbs. 599 is carb'd, FZ1 was carb'd last time I checked. Ninja 9 was carbureted right to the end. Most cruisers (although more are FI every time I check) VTX 1300 is carb'd, 1800 is FI. All the rest of the Honda Cruisers are carb'd

U

·
0 Posts
YELLOW RR, Why oh why must you have the CAPS lock on?
I warned you plenty of times before. If you don't stop it I will systematically and with ruthless efficiency delete all of your posts/threads. I don't sleep much, try me.

·
Registered
226 Posts
YELLOW RR said:
I KNOW JET KITS ARE FOR CARB ENGINES, ARE ALL BIKES MADE AFTER 2001 FUEL INJECTED???? WHAT ARE THE PRO AND CON'S OF FUEL INJ., ITS JUST THAT I SAW A 2001 KAWASAKI WITH A JET KIT. I THOUGHT ALL BIKES WOULD BE F.I.......MUST BE TOO NEW AT THIS
I HERE G0oGL3 WORK GOOD!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
i think that kawi 600's didn't get fuel injection until 2003, same with r6, honda was the only 600 to have it in 2001 if i'm not mistaken. as far as what a five stage jet kit is ? i don't know. lol <---- i hate caps

·
Registered
230 Posts
Kawasaki's ZX6R has not been FI untill 2003. My brother in-law has an 02 ZX6R and its still carbed. GSX-R has been using fuel injected for the longest and then Honda. Kawi and Yammy finally switched over. I think the biggest noticable differences is the throttle responce and the ability to drive at higher elevations without any disturbed engine performance, cause the CPU takes care of any abnormal air to fuel mixtures. And if you live in the mountains like I do where you can drive 100 miles and the elevation changes 2000 feet, then you know what a pain in the ass carbs are. Thats alot of the reason I got rid of my 02 R6.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah thanks for all the info...... whats the big deal with using cap. letters, last time i checked words are read not heard, so how the hell am i yelling??? lets stick to motorcycles, this is not a f'in english class, or a please be quite library......what what

·
Registered
207 Posts
yea but if you were trying to use emotion while typing, and you felt the need to yell, SOMEONE MIGHT START TALKING LIKE THIS TO SHOW THEYRE YELLING, and its obnoxious to see every letter the same height and large like that; and also, the admin told you not to, and according to him he told you repeatedly, so dont get cocky or youll end up getting your stuff deleted or banned... what what

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
What, what? LOL Anyways after reading your origional statment a little closer it seems that the kawasaki might have had a stage five jet kit not a five stage jet kit which makes no sense. I don't know what is exactly involved with each stage but usually companies that make jet kits have different stages and the higher the stage # the more it is for racing instead of street use, or each stage is for a different mod like just new airfilter, filter & slip on, filter and full system. As far as what the difference is I don't know other than jet sizes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts