Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when should you jet your system? current mod's are a K&N filter and Leo slip on. would it help? does performance improve in the areas of acceleration? i did some research and understand why you should on a full system but i don't know.iknow the boys on 600RR would know best :) and give me some insite thanks

C

·
0 Posts
You can't jet electronic fuel injected bikes. You just adjust the map on the powercommander. Carb bikes you can jet.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Knightslugger said:
LOL!!! I think this sets a whole new Newbie bar level!
LMAO! I thought it was a joke lol (no offense ;))

·
Registered
103 Posts
bhakana said:
so when should you jet your system? current mod's are a K&N filter and Leo slip on. would it help? does performance improve in the areas of acceleration? i did some research and understand why you should on a full system but i don't know.iknow the boys on 600RR would know best :) and give me some insite thanks

+1 for a good joke!!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
He meant put a jet engine on the back. You know, to go supersonic. Duh.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
what? I jetted mine... just took all the ones out of the kit and taped them onto the throttle bodies... makes this awesome whistling noise but I don't think it did anything for power... maybe tape them onto the valves?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Check this out man. Powercommander.com

You need to get a PCIIIUSB if you want to adjust the fuel mapping. Also find a local tuner off their website in your area who has a good dyno and reputation. Take your bike to the same dyno each time so you can make accurate comparisons. I can tell you the Leo is probably rich down low and lean up top. Mine was.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts