Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a bit concerned as reviews say the arms are a bit small. Anyone have this jacket? I used to be into lifting. I have a 52" chest, 15" elbows, 18" biceps.

I dunno why, but I really like this jacket. Or if someone else can recommend something in the 350 - 450 price range that is ok in the winter and i can put a hoody under.

http://www.newenough.com/pricing/private/321

·
Registered
118 Posts
it is a tighter fit but that is to prevent movement of the elbow armor in a crash... try one on at your local dealer and then order off the internet... thats what i did and it is the best jacket i have ever owned, period! i have the superhawk but its nearly identical

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah good an owner. i went to cycle gear and then two other local bike shops today and no one had a jacket like this.

being an owner, if you were to throw on a hoody under ur jacket, would it be uncomfortable in the elbows while riding?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have that jacket and like it. I got it after it cooled off so havent tried it in the full heat of summer yet. It is warm though, I have a 50mi commute and was not cold wearing a long sleeve shirt under it at 40*F. The sleeves do fit tight at first but will stretch to fit. The tightness for me is around the biceps not the elbows. The only complaint I have about it is the sleeves are a lil long. Nothing that would make me not buy it again though. I was actually thinking about getting the textile version for summer.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i take it that this is not perforated? i def want it as a winter jacket and maybe even the summer. i have a firstgear textile w/ some icon field armor under it but i drive like a nut and just dont think textile is going to hold up if i go down.

i think i am gonna go buy this tonight then from newenough.com. since i am a bigger guy, it is 329. not bad imo.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh yea, one more question... the zipper in the back, is it a fine zipper or a big zipper?

i have a set of scorpion textile pants. they have what i call a fine zipper. i am wondering if the zippers would match.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
This jacket is sick. My dad has it, and I would highly reccomend it. It is good quality, and has lots of protection. He had a problem with the sleeves being too long. He hwas wearing a size 48, but he is only 5'8". So, the sleves were about 2 inches longer than he needed them. So, he went to the 46, and hasn't had any problems since. I believe* that they discontinued it, so if you look around, you can probably get a better deal than 350. I think he paid 150 on closeout at cyclegear (in store).

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if anyone is a size 46 there is one going for a good price on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150311892292

I asked why the guy was selling it and this was his reply:
I am selling the jacket for my brother. He wants to get rid of it because
1)He no longer has his motorcycle and 2)He no longer has the girlfriend
that gave it to him 3)He wants some extra cash for the holidays.

It is a
very nice quality, heavyweight, leather jacket.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I got the white one in a size 40 & the joe rocket speedmaster pants
size 42 if anyone is interested in buying them.

The jacket is very comfortable. Plenty on ventilation when hot &
plenty warm when cold.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just ordered it. thanks for all of your input! i hope the shoulders stretch a tad :) i am well built guy so i find most gear doesnt fit me well at all.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so i got the jacket today.

impressions:

1. it is more of the metallic sheen. definitely NOT a flat gray. not bad looking though.

2. it is tight in the bicepts/elbows. That however is due to the kick a$$ padding they have in the elbows. Really looks like you could go down and roll around for days.

3. Really stiff. Ah new leather. I hope it stretches and I hope that will releave some of the pressure in the elbows. It is really only noticeable when you put ur arms at 90 degree angles or more. while riding, no problems.

4. the inside of the arms and sides of the jacket are textile. it is not full leather. kinda didnt notice that in the pics and am kinda bummed b/c this was for winter riding and on a 40 degree day the inside of my elbows are the first thing that gets cold.
the plus is, the material they used is a stretch material which makes the jacket a bit more forgiving.

·
Premium Member
53,946 Posts
That material is used in almost all the leather jackets regardless of what brand
its is do not worry this material wont cause your arms to get cold they use that
material instead of leather to increase the level of comfort and makes it easier
to bend your arms slightly while holding the bike's grips

·
Registered
92 Posts
i just ordered the same jacket from newenough, I'm probably going to have to exchange it because i test fitted the same jacket at my Honda dealer and i ordered one a size too small. Newenough's customer service is awesome even though i still waiting, which I should be tomorrow. The rep I contacted recommended since I'm not in a hurry, i should wait, and take advantage of their 110% refund policy which they credit you after they receive the item back.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea that 110% refund thing is pretty awesome. if i were u i would just order the second jacket instead of waiting for the round trip.

from the bit i had it on today it was 48 degrees out and was rather comfy.

moeman thanks for the heads up on the leather jacket material comments. this is my first leather jacket. i rocked textile all summer as this is my second bike since may. (learned on a gs500f) i am da n00b.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.