Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
The stuff is available to the public, but if you're not building a race bike and are running high times, it's not worth it. If you want more power, go buy a liter bike.

· Registered
1,858 Posts
^^^ What he said. That stuff is crazy money. I used to want to have a super fastr 600 a long time ago but then I realized anything that you could buy to make it faster would cost more than just buying a 1000. My .02

G

·
^^^ What he said. That stuff is crazy money. I used to want to have a super fastr 600 a long time ago but then I realized anything that you could buy to make it faster would cost more than just buying a 1000. My .02
Yup. For the cost of building a 600cc bike to gain HP into the 130HP range, it'll be the price of 2 other 600RR's. Especially since you can't just do one engine mod, leave it as is, then go at another one down the road. It's all at once or not at all.

· Registered
326 Posts
The HRC gear for 600rr are available to the purchasing public. They are supposed to be available from any Honda dealer if you can give them the numbers, the parts guy should be able to order it. Some parts are very high priced even compare to the oem parts that some think are high already.
The suitability is another matter. The parts are a basic roadmap to build a entry level race bike. Along with many other changes, these parts will give you a basis for an AMA supersport level bike. The knowledge you need to put it together and make it all work competatively is another thing. These parts have to be fitted to the rest of the bike and tuned to be of best use.
On the street, yes, you could keep you 600rr and buy a 1kRR and have change left over rather than buy these parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.