·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whatever lol....they shouldnt have made a politics thread

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I agree with some of the stuff he says, but seriously, giving props to Glen Beck???? That dude is a douchebag. He talks the dumbest crap, and doesn't back it up with any real facts.

But seriously, Obama isn't tee GOD that people make him out to be. He isn't gonna fix everything. He is just a man, and also a very good actor.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Wow, I'd like to have that 10 minutes of my life back...

I agree with a few of his points but the overall tone of the speech and many things about it were absolutely crap. And his special thanks list was retarded... Ann Coulter... seriously?

·
Registered
974 Posts
anyone who reads from a script is less than credible.

if you ever get the chance to watch a brittish parliment meeting, it goes like this 12 people who hate or want the PM's job sit at a table and ask him all kinds of nit pick and absurd things that they expect him to know everything about. And he usually knows as much as he can or plainly says that he needs to study something in more detail instead of just blurting **** out.

When reagan who was a good GOP head went there they were shocked that he needed cue cards.

my .02 if your smart enough to understand an issue and your smart enough to form an oppinion than you don't need a reminder on what you need to say.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
^^^definitely. When people know what they are talking about, they don't need cue cards, teleprompters(bush was the king of reading...poorly at that), or other devices. It's the first rule of speech/debate: know what you are talking about, and state it well enough to leave nothing open to the other side, cover your bases.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Ron Paul was probably the best candidate, but he got snubbed by his own party, which killed any opposition to Obama. They could have had Alf and Teddy Ruxpin run against Obama and they would have lost just the same. People were just too fed up with Bush/Cheney and Republican Party as a whole.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts