Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who havent read it yet your gonna be quite happy!! Read the "Big Comparo"
The following bikes were used with 9 different riders of all skill levels

Honda CBR 600RR
Kawi ZX-6
Suzuki Gsxr-600 & 750
Triumph Daytona 675
Yamaha R6

You'll never guess who won..... Triumph 675!!!
But whats even better is that the 600RR was second!
the least favorite bike was the ZX-6

I thought it was cool that honda ranked better above the gixxers and R6.

I'm Happy!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
actually surprised me since the R6 and GSXR were redesigns supposedly much better.. the D675 is an awesome bike, and im still wondering if there will be any changes soon as to racing classes its allowed in, since i keep hearing its just overall "betteR" than everything else and all.. :)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
just read it myself, but the triumph cheats :) cool that the rr got some respect.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Saying Triuumph is cheating is the same as saying Honda is cheating because it has an extra cylinder.

The Triumph is probably just a better bike!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Of the pure breed 600cc bikes I am glad to see the Honda out-do the R6 and GSX-R. The Triumph and ZX-6R aren't legal for 600cc racing and must compete in the 750 class. In that case, the GSX-R750 would flat out smoke them (and some of the 1000's too).

But, for the street they should have included the SV650 and Kawi's new 650. I mean if you're going to test the middleweight bikes I think those bikes should have been included as well.

If you think the 05-06 600RR is good (and I do), word has it the 07 is going to be spectacular.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Go Honda! I wonder, has anyone here seen the Triumph's on the road or knows anyone that has them? I'd like to know how it is overall --- reliability wise too.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
56cbr600rr said:
Saying Triuumph is cheating is the same as saying Honda is cheating because it has an extra cylinder.

The Triumph is probably just a better bike!
cheating as in its a 675 competing in a 600 class... like people call the 636 a "cheater"

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
parts for those are probably super expensive and limited. 4 cylinders are superior too. thats why they had to make it a 675 to compete.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
okay not that I'm complaining but how the hell did the Honda come in 2nd????????
its agreat bike but way down on power compared to pretty much everything

I tend to trust Roadracing World more than any other mag and they had the RR in 4th (they just tested the "big four" so that = last place)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
SilverSurfer said:
If you think the 05-06 600RR is good (and I do), word has it the 07 is going to be spectacular.
ive heard slipper clutch...... and probably a more adjustable rear shock.... but thats about it other than some subtle styling changes. i dont really see what else significant they could do

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
airforce101t said:
okay not that I'm complaining but how the hell did the Honda come in 2nd????????

I tend to trust Roadracing World more than any other mag and they had the RR in 4th (they just tested the "big four" so that = last place)
honda has made a legacy proving that power is not everything. especially when talking about a few HP seperating the whole field

wow ive posted like 4 in a row ill settle down now lol

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eveybody did their best lap times on the Honda...even a dude that was a super gixxer fan and raced gixers still made better times on the RR the reason Triumph won I would have to say because Triumph has FINALLY come out with a race worthy machine. They all gave the Triumph a great review. Which I am very happy about because if Honda doesnt blow me away in 07 I the T675 is definitely my next choice.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
airforce101t said:

Problem with that is the person testing them all have their preference.

This test was done by 9 regular track junkies, including a chick, So theres really no way they ALL could have leaned that way for any particular reason...

I would trust 9 random riders more then I would someone who tests for a particular magazine!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
thats what im saying.... not that i would be dissapointed because the 05-06 is already awesome... but yeah there is a lot of hype.

if a slipper clutch and subtle styling change is really worth going through the hassles of getting rid of your current bike, going through financing, starting from scratch on your mods, dealing with stealerships, breaking something else in, getting acustomed to another bike, etc.... then i guess go for it. but i definitely dont think it is.

most people serious enough about going to the track or whatever are going to already have aftermarket of the new stuff anyway... (slipper clutch, more adjustable rear shock)

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
that's why some of us that have an '03-'04 600RR don't let go but instead invest on some few but worthy upgrades to keep it at par with the new models, it's alot cheaper to mod an old bike than to sell it & start over on a new one.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
OveRReV said:
it's alot cheaper to mod an old bike than to sell it & start over on a new one.
exactly. good thing we've got such an awesome platform to start with.

i guess i do need to remember that a lot of people on here do have the 03-04 models so i guess that would make it a little more understandable if they were getting ready to get a new bike..... but i just dont understand people buying a new bike or car every year for another hp or 2 when you can get 6-7 from an exhaust... etc. ill be keeping mine forever

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
potate311 said:
exactly. good thing we've got such an awesome platform to start with.

i guess i do need to remember that a lot of people on here do have the 03-04 models so i guess that would make it a little more understandable if they were getting ready to get a new bike..... but i just dont understand people buying a new bike or car every year for another hp or 2 when you can get 6-7 from an exhaust... etc. ill be keeping mine forever
+2, i'm still rockin an 03 and love it. this RR will never find a new home, i'm gonna ride it til the wheels fall off.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts