Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bike is sold, the guy is pickin it up tom morning........sold it to some guy my pops knows, he bought it for his son...........hope the kid dont get hurt (hes 17)............last time i posted about sellin my bike i said i was gettin the repsol 1000rr, but now i am thinkin about gettin a leftover 954rr for a cheap price and doin it all up with the money i would between the 1000 and the 954.........what would u guys do?

im thinkin a 954rr black and red, scotts damper, devil highmount carbonfiber full system, powercommander, professional dynotune, and professional suspension tuning?
OR
REPSOL 1000RR

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Schwing said:
I just realized "hella" is no longer just a Northern Cali thing... WE'RE GOING GLOBAL!!! :mrgreen:
every since that internet thing showed up, nothing is really local anymore. damn kids. :D

pick up the 954, it's a very nice ride. in my opinion, it's more comfortable to ride for an extended period of time than the 1000rr. and with a few mods, just as fast.... comparably. with the leftover money, you could easily make the 954 as custom (read: personalized) as you wanted.

just my $.02

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Schwing said:
I just realized "hella" is no longer just a Northern Cali thing... WE'RE GOING GLOBAL!!! :mrgreen:

...as if it was ever just a North Cal thing? Tsss...haha

...I dunno, I'd probably go with the 1000RR...who cares about all that other junk if you're not riding the track? And the 1kRR comes with a damper anyway...? Just what I think...but I also probably wouldn't be going with the Repsol...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I hate the stereotype that just because someone is 18 or younger on a streetbike, they are going to hurt themselves. I'm only 18, and I've had a RR for over 10 months, and before that I had a Ninja 250 for over a year. And not once have I dropped either of them. I also work at the MSF course, so please stop connecting 17 or 18 year olds with crashes

·
Registered
248 Posts
ChadRR said:
I hate the stereotype that just because someone is 18 or younger on a streetbike, they are going to hurt themselves. I'm only 18, and I've had a RR for over 10 months, and before that I had a Ninja 250 for over a year. And not once have I dropped either of them. I also work at the MSF course, so please stop connecting 17 or 18 year olds with crashes
I think its more of a responsiblity thing. Why are there laws against letting 13 year olds drive and 19 year olds drink? I think a 13 year old is more than physically capable of driving a car, and a 19 year old is more than capable of holding their liquor. Its just simply that the majority of 13 year olds would not treat a car with the respect that it deserves, and would probably hurt themselves, and worse someone else.

How many 50 year old men do you see doing wheelies down the highway or tripling the speed limit?

I'm not saying *ALL* <18 year olds are irresponsible. I'm saying that if you made that assumption it wouldn't be baseless.

I'm also saying that if you are a <18 year old and you are responsible then you have nothing to worry about. I think the only people that should be offended are the ones that ARE irresponsible. And if that's the case then I think a person like that should take care of their irresponsibility issues long before they deal with something as petty as pride.

On Topic: I say you should buy an NSR250 and throw the JHA full force kit on there, screw the 954 and 1000RR.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Morice877, the difference in MSRP between the 1000rr and Repsol 1000rr is only $500.00. However, let's suppose that someone knocks over your bike or you drop it. I think replacement plastic for the Repsol bodyworkd is going to be much more than for the non-Repsol plastics because so many people are going to be looking for the Repsol body work. Although the Repsol scheme is definitely [email protected], I think you should just probably get the non-Repsol 1000rr over the 954. Just my two cents....

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i would say just go for the 954 and supe that baby up like crazy! :twisted: those things are so frickin' badass and surprisingly comfy! just get that bad boy and enjoy the hell out of it. :cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for chad my response is hahahahahahahahahaha, take it easy buddy, and i completely agree with F=Ma, i know that if i would have gotten a bike at 17 i would have been dead about 1 hour later, but thats just me, its a maturity thing some people got it some people dont.............if you do chad, that is great, more power to u, but some people unfortunatly dont. im just glad i got some extra money to pay off my school loans, and honestly i dont care what happens to the kid or the bike, thats up for him to decide and hopefully for his pops to steer him in the right deriction. (it would be a shame for such a pretty bike to get messed up though) as for the 954 or the 1000 its basically gonna come down to how much i wanna spend when i am ready to buy in 2-to-3 mths.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
hey F=ma, how much are those NSR250's? those things are frickin' badass, and have the SEXIEST headlight i've eeeeeeevveerrr seen. :drool: mmm-mmmm---mmmmm good.

·
Registered
248 Posts
NSR's come in MC18, MC21 or MC28, which I think are 1989, 1991ish, and 1992+ respectively.

MC18's are pretty cheap, around 4,500 or so. The price varies alot since its so old, some people are willing to part with them for more or less.

MC28's are pretty trick, single sided swingarm, and some kind of keycard ignition (no key), some have dry clutches, too. They approach the Aprilia RS250 price territory, from $6,000 and up from what I've seen.

That particular NSR that I posted has a full fairing kit on it, so it looks nothing like the stock fairing'd NSR's.

There's some handwaving to be done to get them legal, but I've seen many street legal ones for sale on various bike classified sites, so its not that uncommon. RGV's and TZR's on the other hand I've seen VERY few street legal bikes in the US.

When I was looking for a bike it was between an NSR250 and a CBR600RR.

www.nsr-world.com is a great site.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
F=ma,
thanks for all the great info! i've always liked those things, but have never even seen one. oh well. i still have more life to live! ;-)

C

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear the 600RR is gone. Go for the 1000RR Repsol. Thats what you wanted and I bet you will be disappointed when you have the 954 because you will be thinking, "damn I shouldve just got the 1000RR." IF that was you first choice, Id stick to it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry to hear the 600RR is gone. Go for the 1000RR Repsol. Thats what you wanted and I bet you will be disappointed when you have the 954 because you will be thinking, "damn I shouldve just got the 1000RR." IF that was you first choice, Id stick to it.
+1 Go with what you really want. I'd go Repsol too, orange is my fav color :lol2:

Mike

·
Registered
294 Posts
You must know which one you really want deep down. Go for whichever your gut instinct tells you to get. Your gut instinct is there for a reason - trust it!

·
Registered
212 Posts
id go with the 1000rr to me moding my bike is fun, it gives me drive to go to work the next week. Buying parts week by week is slow but its so much more fun you get to see what each part helps more and more imo.

and for who ever said who see's 50 year olds going faster then 18 year olds. Where i live theres 2 - 3 guys that come out every sunday and ride and there all on 1000rr's rc51's a few april. We start out slow but as the day goes on they get faster and faster and faster and then i see myself at 18 backing off because i dont want a 100 mph speeding ticket while there going down some of these strights at 130ish. Not the smartist thing for guys over 50 but there all in full leather and there all retired guys that used to race with sponserships i guess i dont know the real story. When we ride with them you come to ride not to stop and bs we usaly eat and they usaly tell us some old racing storys its all and all a good time.

P.S. One of the best parts about riding with these guys is they care, if you show up without gear they tell you to go home and get it that the'll wait. There all about you riding your own speed not theres, there heads arnt 100 pounds

1 - 20 of 25 Posts