Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why trade in your 03 or 04 for an 05? All the money you stand to lose could certainly modify you "old" bike to the point you would probably rather keep it than buy a new one.

All you stand to gain with the 05 is "bold new graphics" and minor tweeks. The USD forks and brakes are great if you are already using the current standord forks to 95% of their ability. Then it is a nice upgrade with the brakes (maybe).

However, before guys get over excited, think about it. What are you personally going to gain? The F4i to the RR was a significant change. This year is only a tweak.

Feel free to :Flamethrower: , I can take it.

L

·
0 Posts
although it would be nice to have a bike i didn't have to push start every other time i ride :lol2:

hopefully they have fixed the horrible charging system on these things.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
luckydevil said:
although it would be nice to have a bike i didn't have to push start every other time i ride :lol2:

hopefully they have fixed the horrible charging system on these things.
I didn't know you had had the charging problem as well Lucky. So far I've never had the problem. It's been slow to start once or twice when it was really hot but I've never had to push start it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm happy with my bike and would not change a thing. New graphics and some tweaks are nice....but can you ride? That's what impresses me and earns my respect...

L

·
0 Posts
it is getting really old. i have to rev the **** out of her everytime i am about to park anywhere just so she will hopefully have enough juice to start when i come back :(

my neighbors must think i am a complete retard pushing my bike up and down the street trying to jumpstart it :???:

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I love my bike. It's not going anywhere. When it's all paid off I'll get another and keep this bike. I love the bike. I took it to work last weekend and everyone drooled over it. Most of the things like the USD forks and new brakes your really not going to feel. All the magizines that reviewed teh '03 and '04's said that the brakes awesome and do a very good job and have alot fo stopping power. It might look trick but really I bet your not going to notice too much of a diff.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
clansea, honda works on a two year schedule typically.

New model, two years later, update.
New model then update...etc

900rr, Updated 900rr, 929, 954, 1000rr
f3, f4, f4i, 600RR, Updated RR

I expect the next generation would be 07.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Don't like the back fairing by the seat except the bigger side air intakes.
I Like the front fairing by the RAM, solid instead of holes, piece of carbon will take care of that on an 03' or 04'.
Graphics- horrible- but that's coming from someone who pulled off most of my stickers. Like the solid look myself.

I hate to say it, BUT, I would seriously consider a Kawi before the CBR if I were in the market like I was this spring.
Once I get my seat cowl and ART exhaust I will be a much happier man than if the 05' was my other option. peace out!

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
If I can afford it, I'll buy one to make into my main track-bike. But only if I can afford it when the time comes. I'm plenty happy with the bike I have now, but I'd like to spoil myself if I can afford it ;-)...and I'm just so in love with the new ram air intakes...and how much more this bike looks like the RC211V

·
Registered
971 Posts
My plan is to get an 06 when they come out. My bike will be paid off then, so it shouldn't be a problem. I really like the 05 bikes. The changes are nice, and they didn't really mess up the looks at all. Looks better IMO.

That silver one is the sh*t and will be my next color. I just hope the silver will be avail. in 06 (yeah right).

·
Registered
139 Posts
the 05 model is a nice bike but not worth trading your 03 04 RR for it. Not enough changes to lose out on a already good bike. Now if the 06 is a completely new bike with more power, less weight, and better handling(won't mention looks cuz it can't get much better), then yeah it's worth the trade. Plus, if we been having problems with weak brakes or sh*tty handling maybe the radical brakes and usd forks would catch my eye, but my bike works great. No complaints here. Just my opinion.
Danny

·
Registered
411 Posts
upgrade just for USD forks and radial mount brakes??? No way is it worth it! Had they went with a slipper clutch and Ti Valves or the like, THEN it may be worth it, but just for different plastic and a different front end, NO WAY...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
If I was going to trade in my '03 600RR for another bike, I would trade it for the 1000RR. :smile:

X

1 - 20 of 44 Posts