Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with my new job we are hiring a mechanic helper. So this guy was suppose to come in for a interview and he is already 15 mins late. So I'm putting on a set of tires and I hear someone say what a nice ninja. So I stop what I'm doing and start looking around, in my mind I'm thinking I didn't hear anyone ride up on a bike. So I glance and he says that pretty red/white/blue one. So I start laughing and figured I will go along with this. I say thanks then he ask what size it is I say 666, which he is like that's a slow bike. He then says my old ninja was a 1,555 with nitrous. So I say wow that's a super fast bike, which he replies I was smoking busa's and Ducati left and right. Man I'm so jealous you had such a cool bike. He said man everyone wanted it. So after all this I decide to ask who he was and he said I'm the guy applying for the job, I started laughing again. Needless to say he didn't get hired.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Hahaha. He wasn't 15 minutes early to the interview, so I would have based my decision on that alone, but after that nonsense he was spewing... :lol:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plus he tells me he has all this experience working on bikes, cars, big trucks, sports cars. Then I tell him I'm the lead mechanic /supervisor and he looks at me in shock. He said he thought I was just a mechanic. So when he hands me his application he has no mechanical experience on there lol. So made my Friday.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i talked to a guy a few months ago at a bar about his cbr900rr that had a "fully built motor" with a turbo and nitrous putting out 550 to the rear wheel. like ERRHHMAGERRDD YOU'RE SO KEWLLLL. part of me wanted to say...dude, you know ive been around motorcycles my entire life? but instead i just sat there and gave into his bullsh*t so i could see how ridiculous his story got...

·
Registered
67 Posts
This thread is great. The other night I was at the bar playing pool with a buddy of mine and two guys came over and asked if they could have the table next. I said sure as we were finishing up and I wanted to sit and eat something. So we sit at a table next to the pool table and one of the guys noticed I had my helmet next to me and my jacket. So he asks if I ride and of course I answer with yeah. His response was "Oh me too! I ride a gsxr800."

I give him a look like wtf is this guy talking about and just say that's cool and continue minding my business. About an hour later as the guy is leaving he approaches me and says he was totally joking about the gsxr but wanted to see if I knew my bikes. He realized his prank didn't work once I gave him the look but refused to argue with him. Turns out he races supermoto and used to be into AMA lol pretty cool guy in the end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts