Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got back from a short 10 mile ride, i got home, put the bike in neutral and let it idle while i punched in the code to open the garage door, jumped back on the bike, put it into first and it stalls' the bike (clutch is still depressed)

i tried it a few times and it stall's every time....it will start up and idle perfectly, but as soon as i kick it into first with the clutch depressed, it stall's the engine.

as soon as the engine stall's, the red oil light, and the oil can icon pop up on the cluster....

what is the problem here? do i need an oil change? maybe im low on oil?

K

·
0 Posts
definatly check the oil level...good luck hope its nothing major
explain to me why that would make a difference...

kickstand sensor was tripped. guessing you either didn't have the kick stand all the way up when you put it in gear, or it's now failed.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
PUT YOUR KICKSTAND UP BEFORE YOU BANG IT INTO FIRST! wow.

·
knights of cydonia
549 Posts
I'm going to go ahead and kill the horse. It sounds like the kickstand, common n00b mistake. One of many to come, make sure you start off in first gear too when you take off.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^^it would b funny if that is the prob lol

haha...shutup...im a noob. :icon_hang

thats got to be what the problem was, i thought i kicked it up but i honestly forgot, because when i was pushing it into the garage, the kickstand hit the floor on the way in.

sorry guys, honest mistake...im learning.

ive learned from this mistake.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I didn't want to sound like I was joking or making fun of him... but it is common.

damn kickstand... sounds like the problem though!

just read your post as it went up... we were posting at the same time.

Congrats on learning! No biggie... now you know :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im pretty good about taking off from 1st....i took off from 2nd once and i killed it, then some dumb girl honked at me for wasting 5 seconds of her life.

i learned from that mistake allready.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts