Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just bought an '06 CBR600RR in black. I honestly have to say that I'd never considered a Honda (cept the RC51) till about 2 months ago. My buddy had an '02 F4i and while it was nice, I really only liked it cause it was yellow. I used to ride a 1994 FZR600R but sold it before I joined the service. Couldn't get the thought of riding out of my mind so I caved and went shopping. The Honda dealer was the only one in my area (Belleville, IL) that had more than one 600 sportbike in stock so I went to check them out. Two days later I walked out with a new 600RR. I have to say that I like it a lot, but the seating puts more weight on my wrists than I thought it would. Lots of riding will help me get used to that.

If anyone else is out here I'm sure they're bummed as well cause of the weather. Only been able to put about 150 miles on it so far... I NEED TO HURRY UP AND GET IT BROKEN IN.

I noticed in another section there was a group meeting up to go ride in Irvine. Anyone go to UCI on here? I graduated from there with a BA in EAD. I miss UCI with a passion. The midwest is weak.

Well here's to some good times on the board, everyone seems pretty cool so I look forward to getting to know all of you.

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
Congrats, We have a lot of 600RR's out here. When I got my bike it rained non stop for almost a month. It was killing me. Grew up in NE and IL.. Feel your pain on the midwest. I will never leave So Cal.

Keep it safe.. be sure to get some good gear...

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
seung
let me start by saying congrats on buying a HONDA
welcome to the RR family and let warn you the RR bike
and site are very addictive you can't and won't get
enough of both of them

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wes600rr said:
Congrats, We have a lot of 600RR's out here. When I got my bike it rained non stop for almost a month. It was killing me. Grew up in NE and IL.. Feel your pain on the midwest. I will never leave So Cal.

Keep it safe.. be sure to get some good gear...

I have the gear, I learned to ride in Cali so seeing someone w/o a helmet is almost an unholy experience for me. Seems like I'm the only one around here that wears one. I've got 2 jackets, I had to get a mesh one for the humid weather around here, I have to say I'm not a big leather fan. I have to admit that for almost a year my old FZR was my only source of transportation daily, and I'm really big on t-shirts while riding sometimes. I know it sounds squidly, but am I the only one?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
moeman said:
seung
let me start by saying congrats on buying a HONDA
welcome to the RR family and let warn you the RR bike
and site are very addictive you can't and won't get
enough of both of them
bobbyp600rr said:
Welcome to the crew, this site is as addictive as the RR.
I know it is(addicting). I spent 11 hours last Sunday at work on here. On top of games, this will now make it impossible for me to be a productive member of society.

I'm just waiting for the network guys at work to block it. Seems like every honda/acura/ricer forum is already blocked. I just hope they don't mess with customtacos.com or 600rr.net. *crosses fingers* =P

·
Registered
341 Posts
You should ride up to the Autobahn in Joliet and do some track days. I signed up for one on June 3 and 22, and possibly July 3rd.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lopab23 said:
Sweet bike....if ya ever head up to northern illinois to go for a ride, lemme know. I'm in Rockford. :eek:)
nflor001 said:
You should ride up to the Autobahn in Joliet and do some track days. I signed up for one on June 3 and 22, and possibly July 3rd.
I'm actually heading to Florida here in about 2 weeks. I appreciate the invites though. My friend on base is from Rockford.

nflor even if I wanted to do a track day, I've got to get the regulation leathers which I can't afford right now. Plus I have to stretch my motorcyle wings out again as it's been about 2.5 years since I've ridden. I need to get back into the swing of things like when I used to daily drive one of these babies.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Dude welcome tot he site and you made the right choice on the color of the RR because it is a little known fact that the all black RR has the most HP to the rear wheel.

·
Registered
341 Posts
They let you double up in jeans for novice class. I would'nt personally do it. But I just needed someone to haul my bike down, since you mentioned you have a truck. j/k.

seung247 said:
nflor even if I wanted to do a track day, I've got to get the regulation leathers which I can't afford right now. Plus I have to stretch my motorcyle wings out again as it's been about 2.5 years since I've ridden. I need to get back into the swing of things like when I used to daily drive one of these babies.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nflor001 said:
They let you double up in jeans for novice class. I would'nt personally do it. But I just needed someone to haul my bike down, since you mentioned you have a truck. j/k.
They let you double up on jeans? That sounds like a horrible idea. Are you sure this track isn't in Mexico?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CrazyLocoDude said:
Dude welcome tot he site and you made the right choice on the color of the RR because it is a little known fact that the all black RR has the most HP to the rear wheel.
Haha, if I lose to an orange tribal in a race I'm coming to you for answers!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts