Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

As a new member I just wanted to introduce myself and perhaps share a little frustration.

I've been riding for some time now. Last year I bought a Suzuki Boulevard for cruising around town. Now I want to get involved in TrackDays. So, I looked at 600cc bikes.

Yesterday, I went down to a dealer, paid cash, went back to work and awaited the phone call telling me to come down and get the bike. Well, the phone call I received was not what I had anticipated :banghead: !! Seems the technician that was prepping the bike dropped it. Scratches all up and down the right side: the brake lever, handgrip, fairing, engine casing. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Needless to say, I didn't accept the bike! I am now waiting for a new bike to arrive.

All I can do at this point is sit and wait and wish I had a bike to ride this weekend!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Ouch! I would laugh, only because its no money out of your pocket. man, they broke the engine case from a drop? probably fell off of a raised up platform.

There are no other dealers around where you can go that have the bike you want in stock? i would try to get my money back for now and make some calls. and if they hassle you when you try to get your money back, im sure them damaging the bike breaks the contract, or atleast it probably should

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
tough luck.... why not ask for a refund and got to the nearest honda dealer?

·
Registered
23 Posts
That sucks! I’d note the VIN on the original bike and make sure they don’t try to give you the same one. Not that the damage was significant enough to make it unsafe, it’s just the principle. Congrats when you do get the new one!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
welcome aboard man congrats on the semi purchase

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!
Your gonna love the RR!! When I went to the dealership to get my bike it was wicked. I was just standing their in the back & one of the crates that they put the bikes in colapsed on the bike that was right under it. The only thing I could say was (that wasn't my bike, was it?)LoL

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
have them give you the bike anyway. I took delivery of my bike the day I bought it and it had some scrathes on the bodywork. They put an order in for replacement parts on warranty and called me couple weeks later when all the parts were in. then I went back and had them replace the parts. just because they f'd up your bike doesnt mean they have to hodl on to it. if they insist on keeping it I'd wonder if something else wasnt going on.

·
Registered
601 Posts
^^^thats if they have the engine case in stock, otherwise he cant ride it anyways...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The bike, as is, is not ridable. I'm not out any money, as the original contract is now void. Problem is that no other dealers in town have the silver one in stock. So regardless of which dealer I go to, someone will have to order one from Honda.

The original dealer has ordered me a new one; should be in within the week. I'll check the VINs just to make sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts