Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will start by saying I am a newbie to riding and changing anything on my bike. I just changed the stock levers on my to the TST shortys. Now I notice when I am riding after I slow down my bike will pick speed back up without me giving it any throttle.

For example if I slow down to 9mph when I stop breaking I will go to 12mph.

I don't remember this happening with the stock levers. So I'm guessing I need to make some type of adjustment but not sure what. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
There so light your not used to the extra weight loss. The bike just accelerates faster now.

Jk sorry I cant help

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
And people wonder why I suggest learning how to actually ride prior to changing controls for no reason.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And people wonder why I suggest learning how to actually ride prior to changing controls for no reason.
Riding is much different then changing controls. I have been riding for a few years. To me that is still a newbie compared to most.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
TST's levers appear to be CRG clones. In that case, the brake lever has a small metal dowel that the brake master cylinder's pin fits into - if you don't put this dowel in, the lever will still work but it will load the pin in an odd and dangerous way, and this might happen. Do you remember fitting the dowel? (you can see this piece in the photo below)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did make sure to seat the dowel, I will take it apart and then reconnect and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Does the clutch lever have at least some 'dead' slack before the clutch begins to separate? If it doesn't that could be hanging the clutch open slightly - not sure how that would result in the symptoms you're experiencing, but I'm just trying to think of everything.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Some people on here have mentioned that the clutch switch will cause the bike to idle higher with the clutch lever in than when it's out, are you sure that's still hooked up and functioning? Should audibly hear a clich from it when working the lever.

No idea if this is true or your problem, but I'd at least look at the switch.

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for my delayed reply, What I did was remove clean and reconnect the brake lever and dowel. I should mentioned I also flipped the dowel when placing it back in.(guessing that shouldn't have mattered.) I also removed and reconnected the clutch lever. I no longer get the jolt and increased speed after slowing down. In first gear I will run around 7mph with no throttle, 2nd around 11-12. I also idle at 1.5 so that seems fine.

Thank you all for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts