Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. My friend did that to his bike and is quicker be he lost top end. But according to the speed calc. for our it seems faster @ top end. Just curious. Just wondering what sprocket size would help top end. or it really want help w/ out using other mods. I thinkg our top speed is about 162mph. Just wonder would the chg. of sprockets chg. that. The speed calc. chart shows 180mph w/17/41

·
Registered
814 Posts
The chart is a guestimation. There are 100 other factors. That gearing will improve top end, if the front sprocket will fit. I'd expect rubbing, there isn't much room there. As for your buddy, what size sprockets and how they effect his bike depend on what kind of bike and what sprockets are standard.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
going up one on front and down on back will reduce your acceleration and increase top speed. no two ways about it on the RR.

·
Registered
513 Posts
BlueBlur said:
going up one on front and down on back will reduce your acceleration and increase top speed. no two ways about it on the RR.
just gearing for higher top speed doesn't mean it will be able to pull that gearing to an actual higher speed . HP and drag come into play . the stock gearing allows the bike to pull redline in top gear , going up front/down rear will most likely make that impossible , and very likely reduce the actual top speed .

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just curious, also I see a lot of guys here runing 15/45 and 15/44 what difference does that make over the stock. I know that going w/520 does make that big of a difference from our 525 from what i have heard.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
s295647 said:
Just curious, also I see a lot of guys here runing 15/45 and 15/44 what difference does that make over the stock. I know that going w/520 does make that big of a difference from our 525 from what i have heard.
People drop the front and go up in the rear to get more low and mid range torque. It drops your top end, but also messes with your speedo, so that people often time think that they're going faster then they're really going. On our bikes, the 520 won't make a difference to the average rider. What it does is reduces unsprung weight

1 - 8 of 8 Posts