Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I Like the only rider out there that wears full leathers? I mean I haven't seen like anyone else wearing gear?? Shorts and a T-shirt seems to be the normal now... wtf...

D

·
0 Posts
You are far from the only person who wears full gear. There's just a lot of squids out this time of year, especially with the price of gas.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You are not the only one...

...You can add me to the, "Rather sweat than bleed", club. It sure seems like it sometimes, however.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know its hot at intersections and all, but a little spill could turn into a week in the hospital really!! not that I really give a s*&% but I was starting to feel a little awkward all decked out in gear and no one else is...

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
MojoRR
Do not worry about the other riders or how you look either
staying alive is more important props to you man for
doing the smart logical thing

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don't ride with exposed skin. I may not be in a 1pc track-suit every ride, but I do wear a jacket, gloves, helmet, boots and textile overpants as a minimum. On spirited rides I will wear my leather pants/sliders and a back protector in addition to (or in place of) the above.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I know its hot at intersections and all, but a little spill could turn into a week in the hospital really!! not that I really give a s*&% but I was starting to feel a little awkward all decked out in gear and no one else is...
I don't wear full leather, but I do wear full gear. leather jacket, gloves, helmet, boots, and riding pants. I know at intersections peoplelook at you like WTF is up with him?
Like Tacmedic said "Rather sweat than bleed". Keep wearing gear. If I go down atleast I don't have to worry about road rash.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
a lot of members here wear full gear for the most part, just their is many more riders out there, most of which have little to no gear.

around here, on a hot sunny day, like 1 in 5 riders are wearing a jacket. rest are just with a lid and nothing else...

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
These riders with little to no gear do have the money to spend on exhaust, racing tires for street use, tinted windshield though. Some do spend thousends of dollars on a bike that is not even broken in but no gear. I wear gear because I'm worried about others on the road that do not pay attention to anything, not just bikes.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
My girl and I always wear our gear when riding our bikes. Full gear minus the pants...but that's just because we don't have any and haven't decided on what to get yet.

But my buddy who rides a Ducati 1098 always wears his gear too but he rides in a 1-piece race suit..but then again that's because he doesn't have anything else to wear either.

But like Tacmedic said, i rather sweat then be bleeding..

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
i only wear my full 1pc leathers for canyon rides.
other than that, just my leather jacket, leather gloves,
helmet and astars boots.
if i dont wear my astars boots, then im wearing my timbaland boots.
i wear jeans, and i do need to look into some sort of riding pants. =0(

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sadly right now I fall into the group of those guys that don't wear enough gear! I definitely never ride with just a T-Shirt or shorts, but sometimes if I'll be riding in town I'll just put on some jeans, helmet, gloves, and a hoodie. On more chilly days and if I decide to take some new roads or whatever I will wear my Astar leather jacket.

·
Registered
595 Posts
your not kidding, I have seen so many people without gear this year, and people I knew from highschool that SHOULD NOT be on a bike, let a lone a sportbike, with zero gear

example, me and my girl went for a burn today, she has on a fully armored jacket, and a full face helmet gloves and re inforced jeans( short rides we wear icon jeans)

and I had my leather icon coat on and jeans, same helmet and gloves....

Guy pulls up on a GSXR haha, and him and his girl are wearing tank tops shorts and flip flops and they looked at us like we were nuts hahaha

we got off and my girl goes," so many squids this year huh " hahahaha
shes learning quick, speaking of that I caught her hangin off the bike in a turn with her head aimed in the right direction and perfect body position , ( shes been reading my squid track books ) haha, and shes like man that slipper clutch is so smooth....

Im in love all over again , lol

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
definitely nothing wrong with you wearing full gear. Its ur body, dont sacirfice ur safety to look like everyone else. they'll regret laughing at you when they go down. I wear riding pants, jacket, boots, full-guanlet gloves, and helmet everytime i go riding now, even if its just a few miles down the road. I wanna get a two-piece for the canyons/track tho

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
no, u arent the only rider who wears full leathers.....

when i got my bike last July, i started out wearing full gear (ICON head to toe), but have slowly discarded gear......as I have become more and more influenced by the squids around me................i typically only wear a helmet now when i plan to do some highway travel and no gear at all when im strolling by some beaches.....

DONT fall to the dark side as I have!!! dont let the squids influence u

·
Registered
841 Posts
anyone try those kevlar lined denim pants? I dont know if you can attach pucks. anyone have insight on those?

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
no, u arent the only rider who wears full leathers.....

when i got my bike last July, i started out wearing full gear (ICON head to toe), but have slowly discarded gear......as I have become more and more influenced by the squids around me................i typically only wear a helmet now when i plan to do some highway travel and no gear at all when im strolling by some beaches.....

DONT fall to the dark side as I have!!! dont let the squids influence u

you off bike now. dummy. put your gear on. I dont like looking at people with road rash. makes me hurt. bad boy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I went out just the other day in jacket, gloves, helmet (of course), unfortunately just jeans but with knee shin guards in and it had to of been around 90-92 degrees. All my gear is basically black, and even then it wasn't unbearably hot at all. Maybe riding mountain bikes in the hottest parts of the day has helped my heat tolerance!

P.S. Still trying to find a good set of textile pants to replace the jeans, and need to invest in some boots.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey, those kevlar jeans you have, are they ICON?, anyway, do they fit true to size? I am looking for something like that for short trips to Starbucks or whatever...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts