Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i just finished the DIY polish lip on my wheels and i took her out for a spin and i noticed that the bike seems to wobble and the ride seems a bit harder now? i read on a post somewhere that if you do anything to your wheels including the polish lip it could throw off the balance and you need to get your wheels re-balanced...is this true? i do have some pilot powers on and the rear tire is extremely worn in the middle and the tires have around 5k on them so i'm guessing its time to replace them...could this be the cause? ok thanks!

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
1. You are in desperate need of a New Rear Tire
2. Rebalancing the wheel will occur after the tire change
3. Rebalance the front wheel and inspect the tire as well

Now go for a ride and you should not have any wobble
shakes etc etc

·
Registered
393 Posts
05-600-Double-R said:
ok well i just finished the DIY polish lip on my wheels and i took her out for a spin and i noticed that the bike seems to wobble and the ride seems a bit harder now? i read on a post somewhere that if you do anything to your wheels including the polish lip it could throw off the balance and you need to get your wheels re-balanced...is this true? i do have some pilot powers on and the rear tire is extremely worn in the middle and the tires have around 5k on them so i'm guessing its time to replace them...could this be the cause? ok thanks!
where is that DIY to do the wheels?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
moeman said:
1. You are in desperate need of a New Rear Tire
2. Rebalancing the wheel will occur after the tire change
3. Rebalance the front wheel and inspect the tire as well

Now go for a ride and you should not have any wobble
shakes etc etc

cool thanks...i'll do these things and see how it turns out