Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was an awesome experience, and now I know what people are talking about when they say you don't really know how to ride until you ride the track. It is a whole different beast, I felt like I was learning to ride all over again. Great time and lots of fun though, too bad they are so expensive lol.

Here are some pics let me know what you guys think. From the looks of it I may not be hanging off and leaning forward enough on the turns. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congrats...and welcome to the addiction.

Form looks fine to me... just need to add speed and lean angle and you'll be dragging your knee in no time.

Just keep progressing and don't rush it. Trackdays are pricey, but crashing doesn't help the situation.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
sweet pics. Trackdays are definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Any advice would be appreciated.
great to see Summit Point on these forums. i really want to try Summit Main on the bike.

regarding the advice for leaning off: i'm not sure if you've heard of this before, but it greatly helped me on my first (and only...so far) track day i had with my '03. when moving around the tank don't move side-to-side, move in a horseshoe pattern around the tank. on turns (especially right turns), hold the inside grip like a screwdriver. keep low and try and place the weight on the outside leg, hugging that tank with the inner part of your outside leg on turns.

this is some of the advice i received and it really helped me lean off through that one day. i'm planning on going back on Monday to VIR for the cornerspeed event to continue to test this :D

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Congrats and WELCOME to the club! :) We'll get a seat here for ya, Trackaholics :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts