Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the original owner of my '06 purchased an extended factory warranty which covers me through 12/10. Called up the original dealer and they transferred it to me, just need to go sign some papers.
Other than massive powertrain failure.. is there anything I might not be thinking of that may need to be taken care of under warranty at the bike's current age (9k miles)? Anything I should be watching out for in the next year?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Well that's cool news to find out!

Cam chain tensioners and regulator/rectifiers are Hondas two weak spots.... if anything needs to be repaired, there's a good chance that it'll be one (or both) of those

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I thought the cam chain tensioners on the RR were not an issue.
They were on the F4i right?
Definitely not nearly the issue on the RR's as it is on the F4i's.... it's almost a given with the F4i's (and VFR's too) that you'll either replace it a million times with an OEM one, or just get an APE manual one and be done with it. You're right though, definitely not as common on the RR's, but still happens from time to time

·
Registered
783 Posts
My CCT has been rattling since the first oil change. Doesn't bother me too much, but I have been eyeing one of those APE units.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
My CCT has been rattling since the first oil change. Doesn't bother me too much, but I have been eyeing one of those APE units.
Best $50 I ever spent.... seriously! It's been a non-issue since. I think I may have had to ever so slightly adjust it along the way.... once.... in 66k miles. Not too bad :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts