Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
172 a month
500$ detutable
im 23, single and no accidents on record, i thought i would actually get a higher rate a month seems decent to me for full coverage but not cheap at all.

this is from some local place in town nothing big name. Guys think its a ok deal? for my age.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Man you guys are killing me thats way too much for insurance. I pay 180 every 6 months for full coverage. I do have my car with them too. And if I went with a 1000rr it would be 100 more per every 6 months. I use farmers insurance

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got a qoute from state farm today for $719 a year having a car with them. I am 21, not married, msf course in Michigan, full coverage, $500 deductible.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am paying 30 a month and have 2 other cars with statefarm. I think if you have it with your car its much cheaper. I tried an online quote from progressive and it was 2400 for 6 months. Couldnt beleive it. I could skip the insurance altogether and just buy another bike every year for that price.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
What agency?
Im 21, single, 4 years licensed, with 1 speeding ticket still on my record. Paying $66 a month with 50/100 full coverage without collision coverage+500 deductable for comprehensive thru State Farm. The only thing that I'd have to come out the pocket for is someone doing a hit n run on my bike.
Switched my car to them, Liability only tho. Its pretty high, thanks to my ticket, but not as high as it was with AAA.
PLUS $17 a month for $125,000 Life insurance policy for "Just in case".

·
Registered
860 Posts
I was paying $306 a month through Farmers(Foremost) at 24, no tickets/accidents in the last 4 years, licensed for several months at the time with both my other vehs with them. I turned 25 last month, and switched to State Farm, now paying $85 a month full coverage with $250 deductible with both vehs and renters insurance. I'd say you're doing better than I was at a year older.

·
Registered
225 Posts
When you say full coverage you mean Comp and Collision? I have a good driving records. Massachusettes step 10. No tickets withing 3 years. And every quote I've gotten has been rediculous. Progressive gave me the best deal so far with 400 down and 200 a month. wouldn't mind paying 100-150 a month.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have my car insurance through Progressive so I went to them for bike insurance cause they give you a discount for that. They quoted me at $850 for full coverage, $500 collision deductable, comprehensive, liability etc. They told me it would save me $135 a year to go to $1000 collision deductable so I went with that. I pay $716 for 12 months full coverage with $1000 collsion deductable, and $250 comprehensive deductable.

I'm in NH, 22 years old, no tickets/accidents/anything. I also have a good credit score and they said that helped.

·
Registered
428 Posts
24 Single 1 Totaled Bike 1 Major Car accident State Farm $800 for 12months full coverage, I also have my car and house with state farm.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Yes, another insurance thread......well here I go. 30, Motorcycle endorsement for 11 years, North Carolina, Clean Record, Full Coverage, 250 deductable, Car and House insurace with State Farm.....50 a month for the bike.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I got full coverage for about $360 a year through State Farm (if I remember correctly).

32 here.

Jason

·
Registered
259 Posts
My roommate is looking at moving to Texas and Washington DC. I've noticed that yes your driving record has something to do with your quote, but i think more importantly is where you are insuring your bike. My roomy drives a 2006 Envoy XL. In texas it was nearly 2400/ year for insurance, and in Wash. DC it was only 1000 for identical coverage. If you live in the city limits it will most likely be more expensive, and if you add multiple vehicle, being married, good student discount, etc you will save money. I am also looking for insurance in CO. I don't want to pull my car from my Farmers agent, but out here Farmers won't insure a sport bike for a reasonable price, so i may end up having two policies... BTW, my ins. agent is SUPER nice, and has maybe bent the rules for me to help lower my premium. PM me for his name, he will help you out.

Cg

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ken06RR said:
When you say full coverage you mean Comp and Collision? I have a good driving records. Massachusettes step 10. No tickets withing 3 years. And every quote I've gotten has been rediculous. Progressive gave me the best deal so far with 400 down and 200 a month. wouldn't mind paying 100-150 a month.
I called state farm this afternoon. MAN THEY ARE CHEAP. 45$ a month for full coverage. but I got DENIED!!

I filled 2, Not at fault, claims to have one of the cars I bought in 03' fixed and because of these claims I am not eligible for at least another 6-12 months.

Dicks :bs:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts