Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had so much damn fun. I had the best seat in the house (T8 corkscrew). I watched practice and qualifying sessions up close. I worked Saturday at T8 and part of Sunday but after 11am or so me and my cousin said screw it and left. We had access to the whole track with the cornerworker jersey that the FIM provided. We were so stoked. We got into the ama paddock area but figured that was it. We went around the motogp paddock and to our surprise we had access to it. We were even more stoked. We couldnt beleive that we had access to the whole damn track. We saw a lot of the moto gp riders, it was funny cus hella people didnt know who half of them were. I got John Hopkins and the one and only Nicky Hayden's signatures on my FIM Moto GP jersey. Saw Xaus, Elias, Tamada, and a bunch of others. After Nicky took the checkered flag me and my cousin went to out to the Podium area, very few people had access to this area, and watched the whole celebration. Nicky was so damn happy he started doing a lil dance, that was funny. At one point Nicky started to cry as the National anthem was playing. I bet it felt so good for him to finally win a top podium and in the US. The crowd was chanting nicky so damn loud.

Theres so much going through my head right now that I'm leaving so much stuff out. Here are a couple of pics, i took so many.

Oh, it was cool meeting you moeman and snapshot. Took a pic with both them. i saw SteveO and Schwing out there too.

Colin Edwards leaving the paddock area

I forgot this gus name. Yeah right!

Nicky after the victory

Nicky dancing

the winners

Sorry but I'm leaving hella **** out. Oh, and i'm super tired. The sun just freakin' drains you.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
ah, so you're the reason why Checa didn't get help for like 15 seconds!!! hehe j/k

dude, that's so fricking awesome!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I'm sitting in my hotel in Salinas right now.

BlueBlur don't say just kidding if that's what you're really thinking. Could be very true. Nice to see you were there to do a job nando, and apparently just said screw it and took off, then abused the priviledge you were given to do that job.

Nice pics though!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand. but there was way more than enough cornerworkers. Once in a lifetime opportunity, and so I took advantage of it.

By the way, i did work, for the superbike race, Josh Hayes took out Neil Hodgeson in the corkscrew on the opening lap and I went down to pick up the duc. my cousin picked up the kawasaki. We should be on TV for that one. Anyone see it?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I haven't seen it because I had to leave for work as soon as the GP ended at 5 (local time here) which one were you I'll look for you, I've got it TiVo'd at home can't wait to watch it too. Sweet pics, put up some of the girlies!!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
nando1 said:
I understand. but there was way more than enough cornerworkers. Once in a lifetime opportunity, and so I took advantage of it.

By the way, i did work, for the superbike race, Josh Hayes took out Neil Hodgeson in the corkscrew on the opening lap and I went down to pick up the duc. my cousin picked up the kawasaki. We should be on TV for that one. Anyone see it?
I was out but got it on my DVR. I'll take a look tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Just got back too and omfg was that great, best damn sound EVER!!!!!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
haha, you guys all suck, officially.

Nando... no shame at all for leaving your job dude. Can not fault you for that opportunity, not like that's ever going to happen again. That's one that'd be worth getting fired for! haha

I still can't even believe how fortunate you were... this is just crazy... 2 weeks ago you had no idea did you?

and P.S.
That yellow yami is freakin sweet.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Ooooh...
P.S.S.
Seeing nicky riding with that flag brings a lot of pride to me here in Iraq... That's so dang awesome. I need to be puting that on my desktop. I'd like to get some similar pictures of that

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was visiting friends in SLO for the weekend and couldn't make the GP, but I was very puzzled when I saw a ton of bikes on the road around 7:30-8:00pm. Then I remembered about the GP like a tard (I even watched it on TV earlier). Was great seeing so many bikes around.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Nice Pics Nando1......it was nice to put a face to the name.....Where was everyone else with their 600rr.net shirts I didn't see a single other person with one on besides me. How am I supposed to recognize ya.

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
HRC600RR, I DID tear up and I was just watching it on my computer. ;-)

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
nando
it was my pleasure to meeting you man i am glad you had a great time
and i for one know your worked your butt off great job man
thanks for sharing these pictures

·
Registered
749 Posts
too bad him and half the other guys were giggling like school girls when the guy messed up the anthem...what about the whole arm across your chest thing or taking off your hat (CE). All of the American riders seemed pretty disrespectful during the singing of the Anthem...they were talking, not singing along and generally goofing off.

As far as carrying the flag goes...its cool he did it but you know if someone hands you one you pretty much have to...well unless your Hopkins who refused one when a fan gave it to him....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts