Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my 03 cbr600rr 4 days ago, ive noticed when i use the front brakes it pulsates a little bit like a rotor is slightly bent? they look fine to me, any ideas? Also my bike idles at around 1500rpm after start up. but when im out riding and sitting at a light it idles at 1700rpm? is there a way to adjust it down?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Your brakes could be a number of things. Your idle is adjusted by an adjust knob found on the left side of the motor and should be protruding out near the transmission input shaft/ linkage clamp.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
just got my 03 cbr600rr 4 days ago, ive noticed when i use the front brakes it pulsates a little bit like a rotor is slightly bent? they look fine to me, any ideas? Also my bike idles at around 1500rpm after start up. but when im out riding and sitting at a light it idles at 1700rpm? is there a way to adjust it down?
hard to help you without any pictures. I'm guessing if you have a bent rotor, you should get it replaced? :crackup:

also, you DO have an idle adjustment right where the shifting linkage is on the left side of the bike. turning the knob right will raise the idle and left will lower it. make sure to heat up the bike beofre you set the idle adjustment though. it should be under 2000 rpm's at the most.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i lifted the bike and spun the front wheel it didnt look bent. thanks for the info on the idle adjuster, what should i set the idle to?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I believe 1300 +/- 100 RPM. I think its on the sticker under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay thank you i will check it when i get off.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i cant find the idle adjuster here is waht i have its not there?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No there isn't. If it is broken off where would it lead to on the motor?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
The throttle bodies. Ill have to look in my service manual and maybe post an illustration for you. Unless, of course, someone beats me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts