Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got rid of two this week and bought one!!

Sold my M4 FX bike since I will not be racing 600's anymore...It was painful. But after almost 12 years of racing...I think I am ready to be done with it. Done about all I could with racing and am not getting any faster!!

Sold my 2005 R1 also...Bought this bike...2007 CBR600RR. Will be a street bike (don;t ride much on the street but like to have in case) and a track day bike. The R1 was a bit much...This bike should be perfect...

Also, in case I crash this on a track day (shouldn't be!) it wouldn't be as painful as wrecking the M4!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This WAS my M4 bike...Hated to see it go...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
zracer196...talk about upgrading! :icon_lol:
Congrats! Which of our local dealers did you pick yours up from??? I went with SPS for my 05.

Ride well...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SPS...

$9750 OTD WITH taxes...

Not bad...

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Sweet bikes Z. Throw up some pics of you on that M4 bro.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pardon the stupidity, but what is the m4 fx? I get that the M4 comes from the pipe. Fx from the race series? That just looks like a really nice race prepped gsx. Great looking bikes, both of them. What do you mean the r1 was a bit much? :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The M4 was Mike Barnes 2005 actual race bike. The gas charged Ohlins front end (forks, brakes, triples) cost over $15K new...It is a full on superbike with a full data aquistion, Motec engine management, carbon fiber body, carbon self supporting tail, 130 HP motor, quick change wheels, etc.

The R1 was a fun street bike, but a bit much for track use. I ride 600's better...I don't know many that could ride a 1000 quickly on a track. Most go slower...Unless it's Daytona, etc.

Thanks! I really like the 600 so far...Only 13 miles though!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some pics from a recent track day @ Jennings...

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
The blue looks stunning in the sunlight. Man, that pearl paint is top notch!

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
beautiful bike i like that black swing arm it really makes the blue pop more

1 - 20 of 29 Posts