Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like many of you guys....I fell in lust for the 600RR. At 39 and newly single I finally decided to get a weekend thrill ride. I have a highly modified 2003 G35 Coupe (NOS, Volks, Borla, etc) and decided to get a bike to subsidize my high miles ;) Wow what a rush. I haven't ridden in 15+ years and man how bikes have progressed. I picked up an 04 Blue CBR600RR last weekend and have allready started picking out new mods. It's going to take a few days to read up and get some good ideas for mods, but so far I'm looking at these ideas:
1. swingarm and frame sliders (I'm looking for carbon fiber (real))
2. Puig? windscreen. whichever has the black to blue fade with cbr logo.
3. fender eliminator kit....soon! not sure which one yet.
4. new front turn signals.....something flush and clean up front......not sure which one yet.
5. tank pad of some sort.

So far I've purchased an Icon mainframe halo helmet (blue&black), Icon blue TiMax mesh jacket with Icon super duty gloves. Looking for some boots....any suggestions?

Again, awesome site and I plan on picking it to bits for information.....Peace

Rich

old toy....

V

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the site! Your car sounds pretty sick.... too bad you wont love it anymore since you are always going to be spending time on your new toy.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
sounds like you got a good plan. welcome to the site and what do you think about the halo helmet. i have been thinking of getting one too. and as far as frame sliders i think most people here will agree that the plastic/delron sliders offer the best protection. i almost hate to bring the subject up on them since there is normally one new post per day about them. doing a search on them would probably be your best bet.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mikesamillion said:
sounds like you got a good plan. welcome to the site and what do you think about the halo helmet. i have been thinking of getting one too. and as far as frame sliders i think most people here will agree that the plastic/delron sliders offer the best protection. i almost hate to bring the subject up on them since there is normally one new post per day about them. doing a search on them would probably be your best bet.
I would def not be a voice of experience considering helmets, but I'm happy with the Icon. I know I was very lucky finding one because 6 companies were sold out. From what I've seen at a few bikeshops, the Icon helmet has a lot of nice features for the money. I really like the jacket and gloves. Thanks for the welcome guys

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nice before pic of your bike can't wait to see the after pics.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mikesamillion said:
got a nice red X for the bike but your car is BAD ASSSSSSSSS
Thanks.....I'm pushing 475HP with the nitrous. I only use it at the track or when some pimple faced kid in a riced-out Neon tries revving on me. I know, I need to act my age.....lol

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wjlowe111 said:
Nice bike...Its just too bad they stopped making the yellow and switched to blue because the yellow was so much faster then the other colors..
LOL.....I came REAL close to getting a 2003 yellow that was still on the floor. I love that color too. Gotta match the Infiniti though.... :D

Do I need to get rid of the "VTEC THIS" sticker on my rear quarter window?...lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts