Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did the blood work after 4 home tests....I'm going to be a daddy! Being a new father change anything for anyone else as far as the bikes go?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've got 3 kids and still ride, when my daughter was born I had to sell my bike but after my 2 boys came I got back into riding and ride just about every weekend I can lol

·
Registered
795 Posts
Becoming a father will change EVERYTHING in your life. Doesn't mean you have to sell things like your bike. Just know that your outlook on everything will change. Kids are great though. I love being a dad. Congrats.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Congrats man! Fatherhood is great. Priorities change, that's for sure. I bought my bike when my daughter was 2. She's five now so I get help washing the bike. :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
I will tell you lot like this. There are some sacrifices that you will have to make. I remember i almost drove off of the road when i found out about my son.
I know i always heard people talking about how the first few years are the most precious and i always disregarded it. Pay attention bro because those first years fly by so damn fast you wont believe it. Congrats on your child and enjoy. They are the coolest thing you will ever get to experience

·
I LOVE MY BIKE
692 Posts
congrats buddy good luck and enjoy it :)

I will start the bid on the bike 100$

·
Registered
625 Posts
I will tell you lot like this. There are some sacrifices that you will have to make. I remember i almost drove off of the road when i found out about my son.
I know i always heard people talking about how the first few years are the most precious and i always disregarded it. Pay attention bro because those first years fly by so damn fast you wont believe it. Congrats on your child and enjoy. They are the coolest thing you will ever get to experience
+1 enjoy every minute with your newborn he/she will amaze you everyday.

Congratulations and as far ad riding I ride when possible but now with 3 kids I almost have to schedule good rides. But the upside is way more Trackdays lol.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats. I stopped riding for over 10 years due to my 2 kids. I just got back into it recently cause I have more free time now. Your new born will be your #1 priority for awhile.

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
Congrats man. My son is four and like toys said you get free shop labor lol. My son is more obsessed than I am over bikes. When working on mine he already recognizes tools needed and will grab them for me. He's my world my little tag along and my goto man to put the fairings back on. Like mentioned you have to schedule your good rides, but when you get that itch to ride do more commuting to work (the scenic route) it will help.

I'm waiting on that day when I'm comfortable letting him ride with me in a few years. He's been begging me to go out. Not sure if I ever will be comfortable with it though.

He has to clean his chain when I do mine lol:

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Congrats man, it will be one hell of an experience for sure, good luck.

Ink, that is an awesome picture; Gaige looks like he will be something special in the mechanics department.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
you be riding safer. you ll be ridign a lot more tired as well, cause not much sleep for that first year or so.

congrats and enjoy

·
Registered
760 Posts

My first born ^^ this is what makes me tick :) kids are awesome. Same as ink slingers boy. Mine cleans his chain and bike when i do lol. Cept hes got a real bike to tend to ;) im instilling good bike habbits as early.as possible with him.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts