Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well where do I start. I just bought a brand new rear tire BS 012 because my other one had a nail in it. So I was comming home from Philly last night around 12 am. As I come to my exit Lehigh Valley I feel my rear end starting to shake. I think to myself its just the road, but as I come off the ramp its still doing it. So Im like wtf I pull over and get off the bike and to my complete shock there is a chunk obout the size of two-three quarters missing from the tire and there is a large bubble on the side of the tire. Im just completely shocked, the tire was melting it was so damn hot. I thank God that nothing happened to me while a was riding. So I call my girl and she picks me up. I called Roadside asst. and they took the bike back to my house. I like really pissed now. So today I call the place where I bought the tire and they told me to call Bridestone. I talked to some guy and told him what happened and he said that I should take it to a dealer and have the dealer assess the problem and call him back. Well as I inspect the tire just in awe in how bad the tire had melted I freaking noticed something sticking out of the tire. You guessed it a friggin nail a small sharp ass nail. I didnt even have the tire a week and I got another nail. What are the chances. So should I still take it to the dealer or should I just chalk it up and buy another tire (this would be the third in 2 mos) ? Oh and I got stuck in a storm too.

Picks to come.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Holy crap man, what a time, sorry about your luck. The heat probably came from teh nail taking pressure out of the tire and making it to hot. I doubt they will help you out with it at the dealer.

·
Registered
485 Posts
take the little nail out and be all "i don't know what happened, maybe i should sue" see how fast you get a new tire :thumbup:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Bad Luck???? Man.. you are lucky you didn't go down.

hondaf4iguy,

Now that is bad luck... sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
hondaf4iguy, That same thing happened to a buddy of mine, he was bringing his ZX9R to someone's house that wanted to buy it and on the way it just fell out on to the highway. But it wasn't a complete loss because he now has an '04 R1.

·
Registered
922 Posts
hondaf4iguy said:
Well, to make you feel better, my RC fell off my trailer on the way home from VIR on Monday.
Pigs dont bounce? :shock:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Last week my dad got a nail in his car tyre than the next day i got a nail in my bike tyre and then 2 days later my mum got a nail in her car tyre and on the same day my mum got a nail in her tyre some guy reversed back into her smashing the side of the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts