Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an 05' 600rr and it came with this great Hotbodies racing slip-on that is completely concealed from sight and has such an Awesome sound I get complements on it everywhere I go even from Honda haters. It's very unique and I challenge you to find one for sale anywhere!!! My problem is, I wanted to add dome power and a better sound this year by adding some headers and still keeping the pipe. So my question is, what kind of aftermarket headers are compatible with the factory mid pipe? I really really don't want lose this pipe.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
arrow headers work with pretty much everything

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Headers add *extremely* little potential power and you must have a fueling module like Dynojet, and a proper tune done unless you want to gamble with predone maps.

Just get a smaller front sprocket to actually make the bike feel different.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
Headers add *extremely* little potential power and you must have a fueling module like Dynojet, and a proper tune done unless you want to gamble with predone maps.

Just get a smaller front sprocket to actually make the bike feel different.
^^^^ This ^^^^

Glad you like the slip-on, I couldn't stand the sound that thing makes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks for your input FightingChance .

I currently have a PC5( not dyno tuned), and I went one up and one down on the sprockets. I really did want to have a more brute sound by adding headers and I thought it would increase hp a little. As far as the dyno tune, well that is a must and I will be getting that done in April

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
Hey thanks for your input FightingChance .

I currently have a PC5( not dyno tuned), and I went one up and one down on the sprockets. I really did want to have a more brute sound by adding headers and I thought it would increase hp a little. As far as the dyno tune, well that is a must and I will be getting that done in April
for the sound just gut the cat and it will give you the sound the aftermarket headers would give you.. not worth 400 just for sound.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Arrow is compatible. That's about all you will find for it. But for 500 bucks, why not just get a full system for a couple hundred more?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts