Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got a pc v for a fathers day/birthday present last weekend and I got around to installing it today. for the most part it went pretty easy. took me approx. 2.5 hrs.
the reason I wanted a pc was because after installing my hotbodies exhaust my bike seemed to sound different at low RPM's. I am not sure what the differences are between how a bike sounds when it is running too rich or too lean. correct me if i am wrong, but i think that if the bike is running too rich then you would be experiencing some possible backfiring. (which i am not) At lower rpm's my bike seems to sound like it is stuttering. mid and high rpm's sound great.
I'm running a hotbodies MGP Growler slip-on with k&n air filter. I am unable to find a map for this setup. i read a post somewhere where someone with a hotbodies exhaust said that the closest comparable exhaust was a 2 brothers M4. I found a map for that setup on the power commander website and installed it. Tomorrow if the weather holds up for a bit i will take her out for a ride and see if i can see any differences.
anybody have any other ideas of other maps i could try out? i have a custom cycles shop right around the corner with a dyno but he mainly works on harleys, so i am kinda skeptical about spending 400 for him to tune it and not get it right.
any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Play around with differnt maps and ride them and see which works for you. My buddy did this with his bike and ended up with a european map for a full akro and filter. hes running a jardin s/o and bmc filter

·
Registered
321 Posts
Really?? - Your gonna tell him to just play around and find one that he 'thinks' works?

What you gonna say when his engine blows up because the one he 'thought' worked was actually far too lean?

Either use the closest map you can for what you have or get it on a dyno - no point in having the PCV otherwise.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Really?? - Your gonna tell him to just play around and find one that he 'thinks' works?

What you gonna say when his engine blows up because the one he 'thought' worked was actually far too lean?

Either use the closest map you can for what you have or get it on a dyno - no point in having the PCV otherwise.
hes not gonna blow up his engine. ive never heard of an engine blowing up because of a bad map.

OP- get the auto tune!! best bang for your buck IMO.

·
Registered
14,379 Posts
Play around with differnt maps and ride them and see which works for you. My buddy did this with his bike and ended up with a european map for a full akro and filter. hes running a jardin s/o and bmc filter
Please just get a real tune, why spend all this money for a beautiful bike and add a fuel management system just to get cheap and guess at the proper map?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone ever find a map for this setup? I have a 08 CBR 600R RR with HBR MGP Growler exhaust, K&N Air Filter and PC V as well. I really don't want to just try maps as i am not logging the AF's etc.. If anyone has a map for this please let us know. I'll continue searching and if i find anything i'll share.

·
Registered
197 Posts
here is a simple fix power commander auto tune done and over im riding with one right now pick a close base map off the site set it and every time you get off you apply the settings and slowly lower the fuel trim %

·
Registered
269 Posts
running too lean can burn the engine out
running too rich can damage bearings, bore wash, etc

dyno or autotune + contact dynojet for basemap

·
BOTM Winner 09/15
1,418 Posts
Every engine and setup is different so if you want to guarantee that it's running properly then you must take it to a proper dyno. The guy who works mostly on Harleys will still be able to do it as safe fuel ratios are universal and tuning for power is always a case of adjustment and testing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
197 Posts
dyno tuning is great for a base tune but you have to realize when you ride the conditions are constantly changing so its good for a certain set up for sea level humidity temp etc so after those conditions change the day after the bike wont run at peak performance

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.