Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I finally got around to wireing up my rear pegs to the turn signals (wired via Tripage) and everything worked fine, turn signals were a little faster but thats normal to my understanding.

So tonite I installed the greggs customs flushmounts on my 2005 600rr. Followed the directions, greggs blacks to bikes greens, and reds to Blue on right and orange on left. The blue wire on greggs I just taped the end and kept it with the assembly, and what I thought was the running light on the bike (one side was orange with brown rings and white stripe) I did the same.

So i slapped the bike back together and now the turn signals are constantly on.... or they are flashing so fast that they appear solid.

Is this normal? or what should I be looking at to fixing it?

K

·
0 Posts
resisters is what you need. bring the system load back to 46 watts by using resisters.

get a service manual and verify which wires went where. PM Raydog.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not that electronically inclined. is there a post with info on finding out which/howmany resisters I need, where to install them, and how to check the system load?

and am I to PM raydog about a service manual?

K

·
0 Posts
yes on the manual.

you can install the resisters front or back, doesn't matter which, but both sides need at least one. Shoot for 40 watts. walk into Radio Shack (or other electrontics store) tell them your story, and get as close to 40W as you can. get two of them and install on the signal wire as such:

Never mind the 20 Watt part. neither here nor there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the reply.

I have gone into my local radio shack a few weeks ago to replace an antenna for my radio... and nothin but a bunch of high schoolers which wouldnt know what I was talkin about if I tryed...

So with a close to 40w resistor on each side, it doesnt add up to a total load on the system? (So it wont get an 80w total load?)
Pretty much treat them as parallel circuts?

K

·
0 Posts
Thank you for the reply.

I have gone into my local radio shack a few weeks ago to replace an antenna for my radio... and nothin but a bunch of high schoolers which wouldnt know what I was talkin about if I tryed...

So with a close to 40w resistor on each side, it doesnt add up to a total load on the system? (So it wont get an 80w total load?)
Pretty much treat them as parallel circuts?
Nope, because only one side is on at a time. as far as parallel circuits... i donno, never really understood the difference but that's how you install them to get them to work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still got about 10 minutes before the local shop opens up for me to pick something up..

but one more question. Do the ohms play any part into what type of resistor I will need? Or just tell them I need a 40watt and that will do?

K

·
0 Posts
No, it's kinda all the same.

Ohms = Volts / Amps

Amps = Volts / Watts

since we know the system watttage is 46 watts, and the electrical pressure is 13.5 VDC, we can get amperage. if we know amperage, we can get the Ohm rating.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ok.. i just went in and the one punk who was there was only able to point me in the direction of the draws and that was it :(

I ended up getting 2x of these
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062288&cp=

they were 20watts/8 ohm and they are the highest they had in their store.
When I was lookin for a resistor, I was expecting one of the little pill shaped ones. Not this mini brick.
are these no where near close to correct? or is this kinda what I was lookin for?
saw they were non-inductive, and thats kinda where I assume they are wrong. But all they had was a bunch of 1watt resisters, and a couple of 5 watt'ers

K

·
0 Posts
well, now if i did my math right, you're looking for a 4 ohm. 8 ohm might be too much, install it and see...

if not, i've got some you can have.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok. I will have to try to install it tomorrow. I need to sleep cause ive been workin overnights and right now is considered by bedtime :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, i installed those 2 resistors and it works now. Slightly faster blink rate than stock.

Took a little longer than expected cause I had to unsoldier several times to troubleshoot an issue of no turn signals or horn. Didnt realise i had an open connection that bridged the pos and neg and shorted it out, blowing the fuse.

But after replacing the fuse, I put some tails on the resistors and mounted them in the upper fairing below the gauge cluster and between the headlights. Nice little shelf for them there.

Thanks again for the help Knightslugger

K

·
0 Posts
Ok, i installed those 2 resistors and it works now. Slightly faster blink rate than stock.

Took a little longer than expected cause I had to unsoldier several times to troubleshoot an issue of no turn signals or horn. Didnt realise i had an open connection that bridged the pos and neg and shorted it out, blowing the fuse.

But after replacing the fuse, I put some tails on the resistors and mounted them in the upper fairing below the gauge cluster and between the headlights. Nice little shelf for them there.

Thanks again for the help Knightslugger
iirc, the standard is 60-80 blinks per second.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts