Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That my fuggen bike smokes out the exhaust when I started it after being warmed up... Temp was at about 120 when I fired her up...

I have an '09 and run 93 octane in it. 5,350 miles approx, with an oil change using non-synthetic at about 5,050, and supposedly an oil change at about 2,050, and prior to that at 600 miles(whatever the first recommended oil change is)...

I'm getting real nervous, because not only do I see smoke, but the bike feels like something is loose in the front when I have the clutch disengaged and I am just coasting.... Seems fine when the clutch is engaged.... I can feel distinct "pings" or "vibrations" in the hand grips.

Thoughts please!

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What color is the smoke?
Dont quote me here because it was dark, I was sitting on my bike, and could only see it when my brake light was on via my mirrors.... It looked white.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm white smoke is coolant? Imma go start it right now and see what it smells like... :retard:

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No slip on... Stock... It smells kinda sweet, and the smoke appears AFTER I let the throttle snap back. It is definately white....

Whats wrong?

again, temp on start was about 120

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Also ... I dont see any fluids leaking from my bike. I park it inside my home on a rubber gym mat, and its spotless.

Bad gas/water? I went to a station I dont normally go to.... Its a BP, but it doesnt get nearly as much traffic as the others I usually fill up at.

D

·
0 Posts
Also ... I dont see any fluids leaking from my bike. I park it inside my home on a rubber gym mat, and its spotless.

Bad gas/water? I went to a station I dont normally go to.... Its a BP, but it doesnt get nearly as much traffic as the others I usually fill up at.
BP? Check that it doesn't have sea water in it. :crackup:

Check your coolant level. Would also be good to start the bike up with the radiator cap off, and watch for any air bubbled to be coming up out of it. Snapping the throttle a few times.

·
Registered
96 Posts
As far as smoke goes could just be condensation in exhaust. Check and mark your oil level precisely on site glass. Check a mark coolant level. I would suggest doing this first thing in the AM when bike is nice and cold. If not to full mark adjust. Coolant level in res can change depending on engine temp check cold will insure you getting same inspection each time. Drive it couple hundred miles checking it at the same spot to see if consuming any fluids. As far as noise goes I have the same noise. You can check the threads here as far as I can tell or have been explained its probably the clutch basket moving around. I was nervous at first also but plenty of people on here with same noise and have way more miles. Mine only has about 2600 miles on it. Anyone else reading feel free to correct me! I'm still a newbie to the whole bike seen. Have been in the automotive industry for the past 10 years though. I think the noises and quirks of a bike make me more nervous.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went for a test ride, and after riding around for a bit the smoking stopped. BTW, it was so humid last night, that water was dripping off the roof of my house, parked cars were drenched with water. I'm hoping it was just condensation build up...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts