Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A* SP-1 1pc, A* SMX Plus Boots, Knox Back Pro, and Dunlop Q2s.

Picking up track glass from a guy locally.

Looks like Im ready for my first ever trackday!

And get this. Next weekend, Ive got Monster Tech3 Hospitality passes for the Jerez GP race, So I will be watching MotoGP from the garages at Jerez, then the FOLLOWING weekend I will be doing my first ever trackday on that very same track. Getting stationed here was the best decision I have ever made in my 6 years in the Navy! :banger: :cruising:

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I am so jealous make sure you take tons of pictures & post them and have fun more than anything do not worry about going fast remember smooth = fast no trophies will be handed out

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
Damnnnn, I hate you. JK
And I agree it Moe, just go out and enjoy the track. Take plenty of pics of at the GP.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damnnnn, I hate you. JK
And I agree it Moe, just go out and enjoy the track. Take plenty of pics of at the GP.
Oh I plan on it. I have really hit the Jackpot on so many different levels. My buddy that is stationed here does at least 2 trackdays a month all over Spain and Portugal. I should get to ride Jerez, Aragon, Catalunya, Portimao, Estoril, and he even has a trip to Le Mans planned in August.

To top it off, he is friends with Collin Edwards so we have the hookup for any of the GP races in Europe! He said last year that him and his guests were in Collins coach after the race last year drinking with Collin for a few hours lol.

I just bought myself a nice DSLR last month so I plan on giving it plenty of usage next weekend. Im sooo stoked!

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I got to warn you such trackdays at top of the class tracks will make an addict out of you in a heart beat so start saving your funds you will need it all and then some

Lookie here Rr heaven on earth

Jerez
Track country: Spain
Track length: 4423m, 2.748miles
Track width: 11m
Longest straight: 600m, 0.373miles

5 Left hand turns & 8 Right hand turn

·
Registered
436 Posts
Awesome hearing that you get to do all this while in the Navy!!! Thanks for serving and have a kicka$$ time at and on the track!!!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Tater :)

And btw, everyone told me, but nothing prepared me for....exactly how much difference SS Brake lines and a Suspension tuned to your weight makes. Just waiting for my Q2s to get in and the transformation will be complete. It already feels like a different bike!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
i really really hate you fellow .netter. but im glad someone is enjoying the GP and track day :D sick sick sick man :D

but seriously less than 100 pictures of the GP will not be acceptable by the forum rules :D :D ahah jk :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts