Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the weekend taking the MSF riders course and i passed with a 0!!!! Perfect score!!!
I was the only one in the class to do so!
it was well worth it and i recomend it to any one that has not taken it!

side note if you take the class make sure to bring sun screen,rain gear, and lots of water and snacks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since we are bragging... I did too, plus a perfect written. I rode a Ninja 250 which turns a little wider than the GTZ250, Nighthawk, or Rebel. More fun though, for sure. Three of eleven got perfect riding scores in my class.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
i hope i get a perfect score on july 15th.. thats my set date... what do u need to go buy? gloves rite? and boots? jacket? they provide the helmet i know

go to walmart and buy some cheap rain gear (pants and shirt/jacket)
my class got split into two and somehow it rained on both days but only when the other class was outside... mine lucked out lol.

shoes that cover your ankles or boots if you already have them. Just make sure you're comfortable in them and will be alright with the controls.

You need either a jacket or a long sleeve shirt

Gloves and jeans

As for their helmet, yes they'll have a few but I would recommend using your own. You'll be waaay more comfortable.

and like the OP said, bring LOTS of snacks and drinks (water/gatorade/etc.)
Make sure you've planned ahead and that you have everything ready the day before. It'll keep you focused on what you're doing rather than thinking about the heat / rain / hunger / thirst / etc.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The place I took it at...everyone was EQUAL lol.

They wouldn't give us our scores, assuming that we would complain about something we THOUGHT was correct, if they had done so.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
thanks for the tips struck, lol @ long sleeve shirt

yea...

they'll tell you that you can do that... especially since its probably gonna be pretty hot outside and you wont be moving enough to cool down if you wear a jacket.

I toughed it out in my jacket during September and if it wasnt because it was about to rain I probably would have switched to a shirt.

·
Registered
504 Posts
haha i have to ride on the streets with these people!!!
My girlfriend in California (girl who's a friend, to clarify) just got a Ninja 250. She passed her MSF about a year ago, but I'm still wary of her riding...especially down there where I grew up (the bay area).

I have visions of what you were talking about...basically a girl on a bike flailing around like a spaz. Lol.

Not to say that girls are bad riders, don't get me wrong here. I'm just saying that there's CERTAIN girls who I'd never in a million years picture riding a motorcycle with success. Same thing for guys as well.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I haven't heard from her in almost 2 months. I should call her and check up! haha!

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
i question this class sometimes. this one girl in my course basically walked her bike through the final course. litterally every 2 foot she puts her feet down. and she passed ????

the instructors I had for my class were VERY strict but cool. During practice if you messed something up they would have you redo it over and over until you get it right. If a specific person had an issue with something they would pull them aside with another instructor to figure out what the issue was.

In my class there was one person that failed and it was because they determined that it would not be safe for her (and others around her) to continue with the class. I felt bad for the lady but she clearly had no control over the bike at all.

If that girl you described had been in my class I think within the 1st couple hours of her being on the bike the instructors would probably have told her that if she's not able to control it better she would not be allowed to continue.
BUT they WERE FAIR because we had an overweight guy on a tiny Rebel and because of the disadvantage he had because of his size and the bike's capabilities, they were lenient in the box where clearly it was very hard but still graded him normally on everything else.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we had the same thing in my class. they had to let a lady go home becuase she was not able to do any thing. plus on the first day she crashed her bike twice. once she fell over in a turn and the second she lost control and hit a light pole. wasnt very pretty.... also i had the court ordered rider taking the class for crashing while street racing doing 115mph,wiping out 2 bikes, and two cars...no helmet or gloves......not a pretty site......guess the bike he was riding....gsx-r squid rocket......

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
i question this class sometimes. this one girl in my course basically walked her bike through the final course. litterally every 2 foot she puts her feet down. and she passed ????
I hope she didn't pass...When I took my class (also in California), every time that you put your foot down during one of the testing exercises, you'd lose a point...My teacher was pretty strict.

On another note, I had this one Filipino guy who wasn't the most fluent in English and whenever he was told to make a walking U-turn by turning the bike to the right, he'd go left...He passed :p

Nice guy though.

Oh, I missed one point :( But I was very happy with myself considering that it was my first time ever on a motorcycle and that I beat out some of the guys that already had motorcycles :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts