Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really "new" though. It's a 1988 Honda Hawk GT (NT650). It was in great shape, with less than 6000 miles on it!
This bike isn't too big, and quite comfy. Still has enough usable power without being overboard, so it'll be a perfect "upgrade" for my wife from her Ninja 250. Of course, I plan to ride it for local rides around town.

Plus it's a cult bike and not the easiest to find these days, so even better :biggrin:

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
That is a great bike congrats

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
New Or Not That Seat Looks Alot More Comfortable Than Our Stock Rr Seat .... Congrats On The Bike Mang Looks Fun

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

It's got a Corbin seat on it. I don't personally care one way or another about that part, but certainly doesn't hurt for longer trips. Not crazy about the Muzzy exhaust either, but also no big deal.
I plan to add frame sliders, clip-ons for a more aggressive position, and an M4 exhaust in the future. From everything that I have read and heard about the Hawk, it's quite a trackable bike, along with being great for the street. From my quick test run yesterday, I have no reason to doubt it either.

·
Registered
237 Posts
sweet man.

about a bike for the wife, mine wants to start riding, but she is only 4'10" with an inseam around 25". she wants something sporty looking, not cruiser like. any ideas? i was going to get a ninja 250 and lower it an inch or two if she couldn't fit on it.....but any other suggestions would be nice.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Congrats, it seems that previous owner really took good care of the bike,

·
Registered
181 Posts
I can't believe it's an 88 wow congrats bro

1 - 20 of 23 Posts