Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 03 rr last week and finally got liability insurance on it. Called progressive and they quoted me for 420 a year!! Called Allstate and the quoted me for 183 a year for the exact same coverage. I thought Progressive was the cheapest motorcycle insurance since they are the number one provider but I guess not

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Try State Farm. . .they were the lowest for me when I was looking last year.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Try State Farm. . .they were the lowest for me when I was looking last year.

I was browsing around last week and saw someone mention the same thing. I e-mailed a local agent and they quoted me around 40 a month for full coverage. Thats less than half what Progressive and Geico were quoting.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I had State Farm when I bought my bike in May, and the day I called them I told the agent I had one ticket for driving on a suspended license. Last week I get a letter in the mail saying I'm no longer covered because of the same damn ticket!!! But they were super cheap, my full coverage was only 53 a month for a brand new bike. Now I'm shopping around for new insurance...

D

·
0 Posts
I wish I could find insurance at the prices you guys are getting.
I'm still being quote $5-$13k a year for liability only. :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
I recently got home insurance with state farm also very cheap but when I asked about my bike they said my car would have to be insured with them also. Is this true or are they trying to make some money off me???

·
Registered
223 Posts
I recently got home insurance with state farm also very cheap but when I asked about my bike they said my car would have to be insured with them also. Is this true or are they trying to make some money off me???
Not True!! Call another agent, some will tell you that but it's actually not a SF policy, they're just trying to strong arm you into getting more of your business. I had one SF agent tell me the same thing, I went down the street and the next SF agent simply said I could get a bigger discount on the bike if I had a vehicle with them, I said no thanks and just got the bike with them, it's around 150/every 6 months with full coverage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts